mtbr member

Used Marzochi 4X 2007 - need opinions

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a replacement for my Marzocchi Drop Off fork since I was "lucky" enough and scratched its stanchions quite badly and I ran into a guy selling this 4X 2007 fork for $125.

iirc these 2007 forks were still made in Italy and had a reputation of being burly and stout. On the images it looks pretty beat up and judging by the front hub I assume it's been run on a dirt/street bike. But the stanchions seem to be in fine condition and if I were to buy the fork I would definitely inspect it personally checking for play between the stanchions and outer legs and if the steerer were straight.

I haven't had a chance to get a hold of this fork so I don't know from the first glance if something isn't amiss, such as knobs on the bottom legs etc. (I think it's supposed to have RC3 rebound adjustment)

Here are the thumbnails linking original pictures:

How does it look for $125?

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    looks kinda rough to me, maybe new bushings & seals? Were you looking for that short of travel fork?
    Maybe keep checking ebay, or classified here?
    Side note, I have an 07 all mountain fork with an RC-2 cartridge, they'll have to pry it outa my cold dead hands..

mtbr member
    Yes, I actually had the Drop Off lowered from 130 to 110, so the short-travel 4X is ideal.