mtbr member
    Dec 2007

USE S.U.B. anti-dive Englund air cartridge setup help

Hi all,

I just got a new USE S.U.B fork two weeks ago and currently I'm not quite happy with the damping performance.

My biggest problem at the moment is that the fork just feels heavily over damped because the suspension is quite slow when recovering after being totally compressed without sitting on the bike actually (I'm using the default blue spring).
    My weight is just something around 77kg (without clothing). In
    addition the suspension spring doesn't seem
    to be able to build up the total travel after full compression on it's own. The spring seems to be properly covered with lubrication (I haven't checked the lower part - because the fork is totally new)

The problem is that the manuals I received with the fork don't tell much (close to nothing) on how to tune and setup the fork.

Is there anybody who also have this fork and got a better manual for the fork's inside - the Englund air cartridge? Or can provide me some tips on how to get a better performance from the fork?

Thanks,
    zeroconf

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm just wondering - is there no one out there owning this fork and might share his experiences with its setup?

mtbr member
    I'm not familiar with the USE SUB but contact MRP for information on the Englund Air Cartridge/Total Air Kit. Maybe they can provide some information...
    www.mountainracingproducts.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks flipnidaho,

I already contacted mountainracingproducts.com and got response from them - but I just thought there are some other SUB owners who might share their experiences in setting up the fork.

mtbr member
    None of us here at the shop have ridden one, but we're very interested in how it works! If you get the chance, please shoot a video of the fork going through it's range of travel.

We do however have a little expeience with the englund cartridges, rebound damping is adjusted by changing out the inserts that sit on top of the piston shaft. Perhaps your rebound insert is too restrictive?

Good luck.