Short-Change-Hero

Upgrade 2011/12 RS Rev RLT internals?

So just finished putting together my bike and it is going to be a blast to ride. It currently has a 2011/12 RS Revelation RLT Dual Air (not dual position) that is internally adjustable travel.

However, looking at the MoCo that it has it is basically the RL version of today (no low speed compression adjustment) and I was wondering if upgrading the damper to a newer RCT3 MoCo with the LSC (like this) is worth it? Will I notice a huge difference in being able to tune the MoCo and LSC? Current bike I have other than the Thumper is my Inbred with a 2011 Manitou Tower Pro which has not LSC so I guess I really don't know what I am missing but wondering, again, if upgrading the damper from the current RLT MoCo to the RCT3 MoCo is worth the $120?

There is also this version that is a 2012 RLT with LSC MoCo for half the price, so wondering what the difference is.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    You'd get better use of your dollars by upgrading the rebound damper to the dual flow or the yet newer model they have. For the money, it would be better to sell your fork and buy a nice condition used rct3 revelation for around $400. Otherwise you'll be dumping money into a fork you'll never get back out of it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the tower pro has LSC to lockout as an adjustment.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    You'd get better use of your dollars by upgrading the rebound damper to the dual flow or the yet newer model they have. For the money, it would be better to sell your fork and buy a nice condition used rct3 revelation for around $400. Otherwise you'll be dumping money into a fork you'll never get back out of it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the tower pro has LSC to lockout as an adjustment.
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if that was the case or not but really wasn't sure if the upgrade was worth it at $120. Really I am somewhat holding out for a 34mm stanchion 29er offering from Manitou (e.g. 29er Mattoc).

Yeah I did not realize that the ABS+ was considered a LSC, actually just found that out shortly after writing this post while looking on BikeRumor at their article on suspension adjustment.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

What?
    Revelations already come with a dual flow rebound damper.

Also, the blue lever is a LSC adjustment on the RLT. You get 5 clicks with the last click completely closing the LSC causing lock out.

Short-Change-Hero
    So what you are saying is that simply turning the blue knob is in essence a LSC adjustment but just does not have the fine tuning of the newer RLT/RCT3 with the blue knob and silver knob/dial on top?
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Revelations already come with a dual flow rebound damper.
    My 2011 revelation rlt did not have the blackbox dual flow rebound or moco cart. As far as I know you need to have a 2013+ to get the dual flow damper on all rev models but could have been 2012 that the rlt got it.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    So what you are saying is that simply turning the blue knob is in essence a LSC adjustment but just does not have the fine tuning of the newer RLT/RCT3 with the blue knob and silver knob/dial on top?
    Yes, The blue knob controls LSC with the last click being completely closed. There is no difference between the new and old RLT dampers other than the spring tube material(MOCO DNA uses a different plastic). another thing to note is that the Gate knob works even when the LSC is wide open, you just wont feel it in a parking lot test. Its a crude form of HSC. The multiple clicks of LSC will be more noticeable on the trail then in your garage pushing down on the fork as well.

The RCT3 damper uses a different design that gives a better range of adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    My 2011 revelation rlt did not have the blackbox dual flow rebound or moco cart. As far as I know you need to have a 2013+ to get the dual flow damper on all rev models but could have been 2012 that the rlt got it.
    Thats surprising, but you could be right. My wife has a 2011 RLT and it came with dual flow, but it may have been the exception. I have had 3 and they all had it but I think they are all 2012+. Its easy to find out though, they are all labeled dual flow on the lowers by the rebound adjustment.

Short-Change-Hero
    Ok well maybe your wife's is a 2011 but a 2012 model. You guys got me curious so I went out and looks and I do not have dual flow sticker anywhere on there, just Dual Air. So maybe mine is an early model 2011 or maybe they changed mid 2012 and it is a late 2011/early 2012.

Either way I will run it for awhile and if Manitou ever comes out with a 34mm stanchion 29er fork then I will head towards that.

Thanks for all the information though.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)