Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    otb club member

Two new RWC Needle Bearing Kits up on site

We finally have the "universal" Shock Eye Needle Bearing Kits for 30mm mounting span ready to ship. This kit fits all 30mm mounting spans and is compatible with 6mm or 8mm thru-hardware.

In addition, we have a new Iron Horse 30mm x 10mm kit. This is a complete kit to convert the 10mm hardware on 2007 and later IH frames with 30mm spans. Includes new stainless steel bolt, locknut, washers, adapters, etc.. It will cover the top rocker mount on the Sunday and both ends of the MKIII, 6 Point, and 7 Point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two new RWC Needle Bearing Kits up on site-nbk_ihmk3_upper_link_600.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Chris, will this work with my 07 6point and Marzocchi Roco Coil?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur
    We finally have the "universal" Shock Eye Needle Bearing Kits for 30mm mounting span ready to ship. This kit fits all 30mm mounting spans and is compatible with 6mm or 8mm thru-hardware.

In addition, we have a new Iron Horse 30mm x 10mm kit. This is a complete kit to convert the 10mm hardware on 2007 and later IH frames with 30mm spans. Includes new stainless steel bolt, locknut, washers, adapters, etc.. It will cover the top rocker mount on the Sunday and both ends of the MKIII, 6 Point, and 7 Point.
    Dude that is great. I got the idea of replacing the proprietary pin hardware a couple of years ago after seeing a pic of a Turner Highline pivot replacement with cone washers. But someone would have to machine it.
    10mm just didn't catch on and the reducers are hard to source.

Is your bolt kit usable with a regular reducer sans the roller bearing?

Oh and how did you get such clean photos of IH bikes?
    Last edited by wormvine; 06-11-2010 at 11:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R
    Chris, will this work with my 07 6point and Marzocchi Roco Coil?
    Do you have a 2007 or newer IH 6point? = Yes
    Is your shock eyelet 12.7mm? = Yes

So yes...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Chris Ive ordered 3 sets of your kits for all of our bikes love the setup.

i emailed you guys 3 weeks ago about a kit for the 2009 trek session 88 (friends bike) with no reply, what size bearings, do i need??

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey Chris,
    Any updates on the 2007-8-9 Giant Reign X's suspension bearing kit? I've been waiting for it since you came out with the product. Please let us know.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Do you have a 2007 or newer IH 6point? = Yes
    Is your shock eyelet 12.7mm? = Yes

So yes...
    Yep, Wormvine is right--Marzocchi shocks use same size shock eyelet as Fox so it's a match.

otb club member
    Dude that is great. I got the idea of replacing the proprietary pin hardware a couple of years ago after seeing a pic of a Turner Highline pivot replacement with cone washers. But someone would have to machine it.
    10mm just didn't catch on and the reducers are hard to source.

Is your bolt kit usable with a regular reducer sans the roller bearing?

Oh and how did you get such clean photos of IH bikes?
    The kit was of course designed for the needle bearing kits, but the hardware would work with any 30mm wide reducer set sized for an 8mm thru-bolt (Edit: of course the pitch of the "cone reducers" would need to match). We didn't really plan on selling it that way. But if someone was determined to not run a needle bearing, I suppose we could help them (?).

The frame is a never-been-used front triangle. The color happens to be rather photogenic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two new RWC Needle Bearing Kits up on site-nbk_ihmk3_lower_link_600.jpg  

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by killzone
    Chris Ive ordered 3 sets of your kits for all of our bikes love the setup.

i emailed you guys 3 weeks ago about a kit for the 2009 trek session 88 (friends bike) with no reply, what size bearings, do i need??
    Sorry! Keeping up with the email is almost impossible, although we try...

This is a good place to answer this question, because we are talking about 10mm hardware, which is what the Session 88 uses. The adapters we made for the IH bikes won't work on the Session 88 linkages, so we'll have to come up with something else. If I had a Session 88 lying around, I would get started!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd
    Hey Chris,
    Any updates on the 2007-8-9 Giant Reign X's suspension bearing kit? I've been waiting for it since you came out with the product. Please let us know.
    As you probably know, we have the bottom (40mm) covered. At the rockers, the span is 28.45mm. We don't have that size in the works yet. However, we should have our 25.40 kits ready at the end of next week. The 25.40 kits plus 3 of our shim kits should work well.

mtbr member
    The kit was of course designed for the needle bearing kits, but the hardware would work with any 30mm wide reducer set sized for an 8mm thru-bolt (Edit: of course the pitch of the "cone reducers" would need to match). We didn't really plan on selling it that way. But if someone was determined to not run a needle bearing, I suppose we could help them (?).

The frame is a never-been-used front triangle. The color happens to be rather photogenic.
    Yeah I did realize that it would sort of defeat the purpose of the needle bearing kits.
    Thanks for making some nifty products.
    Have you seen that Cane Creek is coming out with a external headset that allows a 1.5 tapered to be used in a Zerostack headtube? It's pretty much like the "externalizer". 1.5" external cup for 44mm ID and I guess you run a zerostack upper cup.
    But CC hasn't said if they will offer an 44 ID external top cup to allow a full 1.5 steerer to be used.

otb club member
    Yeah I did realize that it would sort of defeat the purpose of the needle bearing kits.
    Thanks for making some nifty products.
    Have you seen that Cane Creek is coming out with a external headset that allows a 1.5 tapered to be used in a Zerostack headtube? It's pretty much like the "externalizer". 1.5" external cup for 44mm ID and I guess you run a zerostack upper cup.
    But CC hasn't said if they will offer an 44 ID external top cup to allow a full 1.5 steerer to be used.
    Yeah, I saw the CC adapter and thought the same thing. It's similar but has a different purpose. It's one of those, "Hmm...shoulda thought of that" things.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Cannondale Prophet (2008 with RP23 shock). Anything for that bike?

Thanks
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad
    Cannondale Prophet (2008 with RP23 shock). Anything for that bike?

Thanks
    We're close:

37.59mm x 8 = NBKRWC35 plus two shim kits for 8mm bolt (follow the link from the specific kit)

27.43mm x 8 = NBKRWC25 (25.4mm nominal size) plus two shim kits for 8mm bolts. This kit will be online by the end of next week.

Since Nineteen Forgotten
    Chris I browsed thru your chart of Needle Bearing Conversion kit and did not see any for a Santa Cruz Blur 1.0, do you have it with shims available for this bike on a Fox Float R?
    "No, it's not Ron Jeremy in tight Lycra Shorts"....

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftZone
    Chris I browsed thru your chart of Needle Bearing Conversion kit and did not see any for a Santa Cruz Blur 1.0, do you have it with shims available for this bike on a Fox Float R?
    Sorry, the earlier version of this frame use 3/8" bolts and we haven't made adapters for them yet. Hopefully before the end of the sumer..

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Hey there, just wanted to say the RWC needle bearing kit on my RIP has been working really well. Anyone on the fence about these (although for the price, there is little risk) should buy with confidence that they will feel an improvement.

Okay, back to the thread.

mtbr member

YAAAAAY! Those DW link rockers seem to really put a lot of force on those pivot bolts and since IH is no longer (= no more parts) this is truly a godsend! I'm ordering my set first thing tomorrow morning!

THANKS!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

smartass
    Sorry, the earlier version of this frame use 3/8" bolts and we haven't made adapters for them yet. Hopefully before the end of the sumer..

Here's another buyer for a Blur 1.0/4x kit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    anyone know what size bearing i need for my m6? Will these needle bearings fit a manitou revox?

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by ridiculous
    anyone know what size bearing i need for my m6? Will these needle bearings fit a manitou revox?
    I don't know the shock mount sizes for the M6, however I do know that Manitou uses 12mm mounts that won't work with .5" mounts most everyone else uses(fox, marzocchi, and most rockshox).

Chris2fur: The 40mm kits are due in end of August? Just dbl checkin'
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    As you probably know, we have the bottom (40mm) covered. At the rockers, the span is 28.45mm. We don't have that size in the works yet. However, we should have our 25.40 kits ready at the end of next week. The 25.40 kits plus 3 of our shim kits should work well.
    how's it going Chris.

Is this still the only option for these frames, or is there something new?
    I'm running a 2008 Reign X0 with Dhx Air 4.0, and want to try these out.
    I tried emailing, but no luck with a reply. don't worry, I understand.

cheers.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by big stick View Post
    how's it going Chris.

Is this still the only option for these frames, or is there something new?
    I'm running a 2008 Reign X0 with Dhx Air 4.0, and want to try these out.
    I tried emailing, but no luck with a reply. don't worry, I understand.

cheers.
    Sorry for not getting to your email... Yes, that's still the proper combo for the top rocker on that frame.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sorry for not getting to your email... Yes, that's still the proper combo for the top rocker on that frame.
    Also sent an email but didn't get an answer. You had mentioned to me that you were gonna have external BB cups in other colors besides the red. Just wondering what's the ETA on these and color choices.

Thanks,
    Jeff in MA
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    sweet, thanks for the quick reply? should I get 6mm or 8mm shims?
    I cant check myself right now, but I want to pull the trigger on these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast