mtbr member
    Mar 2010

... and if we just ... tuning my girvin chubby

ok so i just got a girvin cubby off a friend ( oh man that sounds terrible )

and i have a few questions.. i'm not the best at tuning forks and since these have elastomers instead of coils can someone give me a quick run threw on how to tune these?

greatly appreciated !!

ps say what ya want about these ol' boys but i rode them on his bike before i got them and they are very well kept and IMO are really nice. exp. for what ill be using them for
    Last edited by Gilly32; 04-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly32
    ok so i just got a girvin cubby off a friend ( oh man that sounds terrible )

and i have a few questions.. i'm not the best at tuning forks and since these have elastomers instead of coils can someone give me a quick run threw on how to tune these?

greatly appreciated !!

ps say what ya want about these ol' boys but i rode them on his bike before i got them and they are very well kept and IMO are really nice. exp. for what ill be using them for
    There is nothing to tune w/ what you have @ hand. The elastomers might have been swappable over 10 years ago when there were elastomer forks around. My 1998 fork's elastomers went bad after 5 years and I replaced the elastomers w/ a Mountain Speed spring conversion kit.

Former Bike Wrench
    So I guess you didn't follow the sound advice I gave in your previous thread about this fork...there is nothing to tune other than the elastomer stack, which are no longer avaialble for that fork.

You might contact this guy and see if he can make you some, but your still going to have an undamped elastomer pogo stick.