mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Totem just exploded... haven't ridden in 2 months?!

like the title says, I've been NOT RIDING due to a broken leg for the past 2 months. I noticed a pool of liquid near my bike's front tire this morning. I thought it was piss from the cat, but apparently my Totem exploded, and leaked a bunch of oil from the top cap (right side)

As I said, I hadn't ridden the thing in 2 months due to recovery. It was upside down 4 days ago, for about 10 minutes because I was changing a wheelset. Then back upright so I can daydream about riding it with my new wheelset.

So, this morning I go downstairs and there's a pool of oil next to it, wtf?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy
    like the title says, I've been NOT RIDING due to a broken leg for the past 2 months. I noticed a pool of liquid near my bike's front tire this morning. I thought it was piss from the cat, but apparently my Totem exploded, and leaked a bunch of oil from the top cap (right side)

As I said, I hadn't ridden the thing in 2 months due to recovery. It was upside down 4 days ago, for about 10 minutes because I was changing a wheelset. Then back upright so I can daydream about riding it with my new wheelset.

So, this morning I go downstairs and there's a pool of oil next to it, wtf?
    I think most forks, when exploded, leave an oil residue in the room. At least there is no shrapnel in the walls.

Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
    And I thought my Lyrik (hey, the first time I spelled it right ) was bad for "exploding" after 3 miles of trail riding.

Probably your cat just looked at the fork the wrong way