mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Topeak Pocket Shock DXG Problems

Hi there...
    Figured this would get some looks in the shock forum. Just bought this pump and have read directions and watched youtube video and I'm not convinced mine is working correctly. There is a 2 step process to attach and detach the pump. The first outer sleeve screws on nice and then the outer valve is supposed to turn after the first one is screwed on. It is super hard to turn.....so much that I am finding the only way to tighten it is to turn the entire shock pump around and around......anyone have similar issues or any suggestions who is familiar with this pump or experienced with this

Thanks, Kevin

mtbr member
    I've owned that pump for 2 years. I've not watched the youtube vid.

I put the hose straight vertical, in line with the pump, and spin the whole thing to attach or remove it. I then pivot the hose as needed to see the gauge while pumping.

Pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah,

I've also learned how to do this, but I think it was supposed to work by just spinning the second outside collar and not having to spine the whole pump.....on video it just shows the larger outside valve being easy to spin. Must be something weird going on. .....it seems as others have a difficult time turning that part as well....have read some reviews saying same thing.......not sure if i should return it or just use it that awkward slower way.....well thanks for chipping in....it seems as if this is how many of them function.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well, I'm sure it may work like the video describes, it is much easier to attach the first stage and then screw in the whole pump. Doesn't bother me one lick.