Let's Ride!

There isn't a DHX 4.0 in 7.875 x 2.5 right?

I bought a Fox DHX online billed as a 7.875x2.5 which as far as I can tell is incorrect and that it would be a 2.25 (which is what I wanted) It was on a SC Blur if that helps...........anyways I'm going to upgrade the spring and the spring on it is the 2.8 ......... so I'm guessing that someone put the wrong spring on correct?
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

What?
    Some bikes have shocks that are odd sizes that are specific to the frame. I am not familiar with the santa cruz line up, but its possible that it really does have a 2.5'' stroke.

Let's Ride!
    a search of the interwebs turns up nothing for any shock made that is 7.875 x 2.5....hmmm ill have to measure as it could be the eye to eye is 8"....ughhh

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Never heard of a 8" Fox, yes 7.875, nor a 2.5 stroke on a 7.875 Fox.. Simply measure the eye to eye and stroke.

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Never heard of a 8" Fox, yes 7.875, nor a 2.5 stroke on a 7.875 Fox.. Simply measure the eye to eye and stroke.
    sorry, I haven't been home to do that........being impatient on the web doesn't help me much does it........... I'll measure tonight

Let's Ride!
    so 7.875 eye to eye and 2.25 stroke.... With the wrong spring length on it.... correct size and 700lb ordered and ill put this baby on..... looking forward to feeling the difference from my rp23

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails There isn't a DHX 4.0 in 7.875 x 2.5 right?-uploadfromtaptalk1350017457063.jpg