Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    234

    is there an 05 AVA RP3??

    Does anyone know if a FLOAT AVA RP3 exist for 05

    Also, what is the diff between a Float R and Float RP3 apart from the P3 (ie propedal)

    tia

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,722
    They do have a 05 AVA but it's OEM on some FR/DH bikes. It's not needed for the most part because they retuned the Floats for 2005 so they have about the same spring rate as the 2004 AVA at max. volume. There isn't any difference between the Float R and Float RP3 other than the 3 position ProPedal adjustment. Personally, I don't see much use for the RP3 since you can get a Float R with PUSH Industries custom tuning for the same price. Factory set by the experts just for you and your bike largely eliminates the need for adjustment.
    Long Live Long Rides

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    They do have a 05 AVA but it's OEM on some FR/DH bikes. It's not needed for the most part because they retuned the Floats for 2005 so they have about the same spring rate as the 2004 AVA at max. volume. There isn't any difference between the Float R and Float RP3 other than the 3 position ProPedal adjustment. Personally, I don't see much use for the RP3 since you can get a Float R with PUSH Industries custom tuning for the same price. Factory set by the experts just for you and your bike largely eliminates the need for adjustment.
    thanks for the info...
    The only prob with trying to PUSH a float is if you live overseas.. PUSH does not do international orders yet..

  4. #4
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,457
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejohn
    thanks for the info...
    The only prob with trying to PUSH a float is if you live overseas.. PUSH does not do international orders yet..
    Push may not directly do international but TF Tuned Shocks does. They are the European arm for PUSH.
    Nothing to see here.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Push may not directly do international but TF Tuned Shocks does. They are the European arm for PUSH.

    BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish i had of known this before I ordered

Similar Threads

  1. 05 Salty + RP3 --travel issues revisited
    By el Turtlehead in forum Ventana
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:03 AM
  2. Fox AVA vs. RP3 shock
    By thegood in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 11:19 AM
  3. Fox rp3 AVA....
    By scheckler in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
  4. Fox RP3 vrs. '05 Float?
    By Jaybo in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
  5. 05 5 Spot: Is RP3 only option?
    By TIGMAN in forum Turner
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 06:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •