Grip it and rip it.

Switching from marz 66 rc2 to marz 55 ATA micro... weight difference, performace q's

Hi, i'm thinking of changing the Marz 66 that came stock on my Kona Coiler 2007, its the rc2 model i think. The fork i was looking to switch to is a 55 ATA micro or standard ATA.

What major performance improvements could i expect from this fork and is it much lighter than the 66 does anyone know? I'd like to give my Coiler a more all mountain feel.

Other forks i'm looking at are the Foz van 36, and a rock shox Revalation or Lyrik, but the new Lyrik would be the very top end of my budget.

Any help on this would be a great help
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Damitletsride!
    Hi, i'm thinking of changing the Marz 66 that came stock on my Kona Coiler 2007, its the rc2 model i think. The fork i was looking to switch to is a 55 ATA micro or standard ATA.

What major performance improvements could i expect from this fork and is it much lighter than the 66 does anyone know? I'd like to give my Coiler a more all mountain feel.

Other forks i'm looking at are the Foz van 36, and a rock shox Revalation or Lyrik, but the new Lyrik would be the very top end of my budget.

Any help on this would be a great help
    PM me if you want to sell the 66 - I am in the market for one. The 55 ATA is lighter & designed more with the AM rider in mind. You probably won't get much support on the 55 due to the maintenance required to keep it running smoothly. If you are mechanicaly inclined and like maintenance the ATA might work for you, if not, look @ RS, Fox.