mtbr member

New question here. Super soft spring for Lyrik coil u-turn 160mm?

I have a Lyrik coil u-turn 160mm that I run with the softest original spring, but I don't get sufficient sag, and the fork is too hard even with min LSC and HSC. Does anyone make softer springs than the original Rock Shox? Or is there some simple mod I can make to the spring to reduce the spring rate?

Thanks,
    Arne

1:18
    I've been looking for softer version too as for the girls and light riders the extra-soft white spring is often still too stiff. It's listed as under 63 kg, but unless you're aggresive or doing jumps, there's now way to use the last few cm of travel. A softer spring under 55 kg would be needed, but Rock Shox doesn't respond.

Apparently you could do a custom U-turn spring, but that's quite a complicated job, I've asked the mechanics/spring workshop already...

Let us know if you come up with any good solutions.

Last but not least: the actual spring stiffness can vary quite a bit from one spring to another! If you have chance, check another x-soft spring.

mtbr member
    What do you mean softest original spring? Is it the original spring that came with the fork, or you bought a x-soft replacement spring and its still too stiff?

mtbr member
    Sorry for my confusing wording. I bought the X-soft and it is too stiff. By "original" I meant "produced by Rock Shox" (which is a direct translation from Norwegian and probably not very good English).

mtbr member
    I contacted PohlSprings.com who manufacture custom springs. They can make Lyrik springs, but it will cost $$$:

Thank you for the inquiry in our facility. These springs are that of which we could set up some equipment to manufacture. We would require a sample spring to duplicate. As far as we can tell there would be some extra machine work to achieve the given profile of the spring. So as far as an estimate at this time we would only be able to figure the setup charge of approximately $1200 then the price of the material and run time would be given upon us receiving your sample spring. If this is how you want to proceed please send a sample and we will be glad to finalize the cost for you.

This is far too much for me. Of course, if there is enough interest in super soft springs (which there actually might be) then it could be possible to organize a group buy. However, this means someone has to organize this and either take a big risk or charge deposits for the setup cost. I will not do this, but if someone feels willing and able then please move forward. Contact Mike at pohlsprings dot com and refer to the e-mail text I qouted.