mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Suntour XCM V2 vs Marzocchi Bomber Flylight 100's? I'm lost dood..

First off let me say I'm no pro or super badass rider doing gigantor drops.. but I ride, and kick small amounts of ass wherever I go. I just recently picked up this Felt Q620..pretty middle of the road bike..I sold my $2,000 Specialized Stumpjumper and started riding the Felt because it felt a lot more solid. I know, strange right? But when I got the Felt, naturally for me I had to read reviews on all the components just for shits and giggles, and I am BLOWN away by the shitty reviews on the SR Suntour XCM V2 Forks!! These were the main reason for picking up this bike, other than the hardtail. The lockout switch was just the coolest thing ever to me..(again, i'm just a noob, since '94-98 when I raced BMX). The lockouts work like a dream and when they're not on, the fork is stiff as hell. I love it! My other bike has Marzocchi Bomber Flylight 100's on it and the reviews on them are absolutely golden? Everybody is like.." I broke them after my third time riding them but I would highly recommend"...They don't have lockouts or anything? Don't get me wrong, they're cool and all, don't love them or hate em, but WTF? Is it just cuz Suntour is a shitty brand name or did I just get the only good set? I hit jumps here and there, and Ive never so much as heard a rattle or bottomed them out..So I guess my loooongwinded point here, is what the hell is wrong with the Suntour XCM's? Another maybe stupid question, If the Marzocchi's are so much better, can I put the lockouts from the Suntours onto the Marzocchi's? Is that something people do?Suntour XCM V2 vs Marzocchi Bomber Flylight 100's? I'm lost dood..-20130525_223619_1.jpgSuntour XCM V2 vs Marzocchi Bomber Flylight 100's? I'm lost dood..-20130525_223757_1.jpg
    Life ain't fair...quit being a p***y! Reach for your goals and most of all...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    All in all I don't think the Suntour XCM HLO is a bad fork in fact I was blown away by the dampening cartridge and speedlock mechanism just as much as you apparently were. The biggest problem I found with this fork is that at more than 2.6 kilograms it is very heavy compared to most other XC forks. Air sprung forks for example go as low as 1.5 (and less) kilograms and that is a massive difference. Other than that I think it is a solid fork especially for the money.