Thread: Suntour Epicon

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Suntour Epicon

I just got into mountain biking and I just got a used Trek Fuel 80 from 2005. I am looking to upgrade the front suspension which is currently a manitou splice comp, 100mm, which I have read some not so good things about; also it is 8 years old already. I am looking for an upgrade hopefully no more than $300. My Chinese friend told me there was this front fork suspension called 神叉 that was really good for the money, which I found out with some searching is the Suntour Epicon. I am wondering... I did some looking around and did not find any American reviews. Has anyone used the Suntour Epicon? Would you recommend this or something else? Is there a need to replace the rear suspension as well, which is a RockShox BAR Adjust, 80mm?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    from my understanding is the suntour are entry level of forks. for 300$ you should be able to get a rockshox reba or equal fork

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarsand rider View Post
    from my understanding is the suntour are entry level of forks. for 300$ you should be able to get a rockshox reba or equal fork
    SR Suntour actually makes a variety of forks from cheap low quality ones to expensive high quality ones.

There'd be plenty of people riding around on Epicons now after Suntour North America doing an upgrade program where you can upgrade from one of their low end models to a higher end model for a cheap price.

http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-corner/if-you-want-upgrade-your-suntour-fork-830657.html

The Manitou Minute is a good fork in the $300 price range too.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Suntour Epicon

Think about a used fox float or rock shox revelation off Ebay (maybe 2008-2011), just make sure it still holds air and also ask when it was last serviced (oil/seals). If never, probably pass.