mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Stratos XC Pro softail shock rated PSI?

I picked up a Mongoose ST10.7 Ti softail that has a Stratos XC Pro shock with 1.5" of travel. I can't find much information on the Stratos shock as the company was killed off by Specialized. I'm hoping someone can tell me to what PSI the shock was rated for?

Also, does anyone know of a company that might still make shocks like the one pictured below? If that shock ever dies I would like to have a replacement but I've never seen anyone offer a shock with the bolt at the bottom.

Sorry about the X-post from the Mongoose forum, I'm hoping to at least find out the rated PSI before I put it on the trail.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

just check for sag + - 7 mm

Quote Originally Posted by norcom View Post
    i picked up a mongoose st10.7 ti softail that has a stratos xc pro shock with 1.5" of travel. I can't find much information on the stratos shock as the company was killed off by specialized. I'm hoping someone can tell me to what psi the shock was rated for?

Also, does anyone know of a company that might still make shocks like the one pictured below? If that shock ever dies i would like to have a replacement but i've never seen anyone offer a shock with the bolt at the bottom.

Sorry about the x-post from the mongoose forum, i'm hoping to at least find out the rated psi before i put it on the trail.

Thanks!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Former Bike Wrench
    Cane Creek might still have replacement shocks for those soft tail frames, I would try contacting them if your looking for a replacement.

As far as the current Stratos shock, soft tails usually do not require a lot of PSI so I'd start at 0 and just slowly ad air until if feels right for you.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by norcom View Post
    I can't find much information on the Stratos shock as the company was killed off by Specialized.
    They were killed off by bad decisions, quality control, flaws, and failure to develop new chassis/equipment. The intertia valve thing was when they were already doomed. It wasn't specialized that killed them, although it may have been the final nail.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    Cane Creek might still have replacement shocks for those soft tail frames, I would try contacting them if your looking for a replacement.

As far as the current Stratos shock, soft tails usually do not require a lot of PSI so I'd start at 0 and just slowly ad air until if feels right for you.
    Already contacted CC they said they didn't have anything to replace that shock.