mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Stratos Helix Pro sizes

Does anyone out there know the eye to eye sizes for the Stratos Helix Pro for various bikes.

I am upgrading fram from Diamond Back x link to Mountian Cycles San Andreas and need to know if I can keep my shock. I have mailed Stratos but they seem to be holding out in the hope I can fork out another 350 cherries for a new one.

Cheers

Ko

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by koko
    Does anyone out there know the eye to eye sizes for the Stratos Helix Pro for various bikes.

I am upgrading fram from Diamond Back x link to Mountian Cycles San Andreas and need to know if I can keep my shock. I have mailed Stratos but they seem to be holding out in the hope I can fork out another 350 cherries for a new one.

Cheers

Ko
    You need to ask the maker of your bike what shock size will fit it. Generally, whatever shocks size it is + or - .25" will work, but this is NOT a rule that applies to every bike. Just generally a slightly larger or slightly smaller shock will work. If it's too long it will cause the head angle to be steeper, and can kind of be offset with a longer travel fork, and it it's too short the opposite happens, it becomes too slack, and a lesser-travel fork will work better on it. These are just generalities.

I have a stratos helix pro that is 200mm(7.78") and 2.25" stroke that I'd be willing to part out with pretty cheap.