mtbr member

Stiffin up Reba lockout???

I just bought a newly rebuilt Reba Race w/remote lockout. I've been riding rigid for the last 3 years and am having a hard time adjusting to riding a suspension fork. Even when locked out I still am getting about 1" of bob while climbing out of the saddle. I tried running higher pressures, which helped, but it gives too much of a pogo effect when I have the damper open. Is there anything else I might could try to stiffin up the lockout? I'm just about ready to go back to rigid.

mtbr member
    That's just how it is. You can run slightly higher air in the positive air chamber. 5 psi will make a big difference. Plushness will suffer though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pretty sure a MoCo damper running full compression & FG should feel locked. Might want to verify the damper oil height.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You need a fork with mechanical lockout.

mtbr member
    Keen, the Moco will still allow ~10-15mm of travel when fully locked and out of the saddle mashing. It is designed to do that. The Moco will never feel as "rigid" as a Fox lockout.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I guess it depends on riding styles and experience but I have never found the travel on my Reba when locked out to be much of an issue. Sounds you already sorted out air pressures and adjustments to rule out any improper set-up though.

I haven't heard of it being adjustable outside of regular tuning techniques such as changing oil weight and air pressures. Maybe Push if you feel so inclined?...or I guess you gotta bail on it.

Wait, I hear the Fox forks actually lock as opposed to the Reba style lockout you are experiencing.