Team

Stiffer springs for Rockshox Domain R

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2012 Rockshox Domain and it needs stiffer springs. Where can I get them online and does anyone know of a manual for changing them yourself? I'm only familiar with Marzocchi and I used to do 100% of my own work on those forks, this is my first time owning Rockshox.

Thanks!

fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

Team
    Thanks for the links... but all those are for 180mm (first link) for selling springs. My fork is the 160mm... Are they the same size springs?

Thanks
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.

mtbr member
    The spring is the same, the only thing that changes in a 160/180 straight spring (non U-turn) is the spring shaft, which controls travel.

Team
    Cool thanks... Also when I click the 2nd link it brings me to SRAM's site and both the Technial Manual - Domain - and the Technical Manual - Domain Dual Crown - are the same... are they identical in terms of working on them just one has a longer spring etc?
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club

mtbr member
    On the Dual crown, it looks like only 1 option for travel and spring shaft. You don't mention which spring, firm or x-firm but you can check the parts and part number by downloading the dealer spare parts catalog on SRAM's website.

Here is an excerpt (they are from the Domain DC section even thought they state Boxxer:
    11.4015.380.030 Coil Spring, Firm, Blue - 2010-2012 Boxxer Race/RC and Team/R2C2
    11.4015.380.040 Coil Spring, X-Firm, Black- 2010-2012 Boxxer Race/RC and Team/R2C2
    11.4015.381.000 Coil Spring Shaft (shaft bolt) - 2010-2012 Boxxer Race/RC and Team/R2C2

Team
    Yeah I have the single crown Domain R, 160mm of travel. I currently have the medium springs so I would need to go with the Firm for it.
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club

mtbr member
    Changing the spring on the non-uturn is real easy, open the left cap, pull the spring up, regrease new one, push back in. I ad the firm in mine the first ride this year, but it was too stiff, I found the medium was better for me, but I had lost a good bit of pounds...