I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

Stiff Marzochi Bomber mz comp?

Hello,

I have had this fork for about a month and at first it felt very soft compared to my old bouncy hard fork on my old bike... And it seems like it is getting stiff... I dont know if temperature effects that and the rebound knob is all the way loose for the softest... It could just be me but I like softer plushy suspension.

Also, Is the fork on this bike: http://www.rscycle.com/2009-Iron-Horse-Warrior-4-0 better than that bomber mz comp fork that came with my warrior 4.0? They are not the same fork because mine says bomber...

Just wondering

Thanks

If your comments are going to be rude dont post. That means you Jerk Chicken!!!!!

Sometimes has attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by drain bamage
    Hello,

I have had this fork for about a month and at first it felt very soft compared to my old bouncy hard fork on my old bike... And it seems like it is getting stiff... I dont know if temperature effects that and the rebound knob is all the way loose for the softest... It could just be me but I like softer plushy suspension.

Also, Is the fork on this bike: http://www.rscycle.com/2009-Iron-Horse-Warrior-4-0 better than that bomber mz comp fork that came with my warrior 4.0? They are not the same fork because mine says bomber...

Just wondering

Thanks

If your comments are going to be rude dont post. That means you Jerk Chicken!!!!!
    Give this a try, just for giggles. Try to take a little oil and wipe in on the stanchion tubes and then push up and down....did it get softer and more plush.

From what I know, that fork is a coil elastomer fork with a rebound cartridge. Maybe the elastomer is getting harder with the cold.

The first idea is just a way to see if it's the seal needed lubrication.

Hopefully this helps!
    MTD USA
    Ride Your Bike!

Nov 2008
    Just making sure, The stanchion tube is the silver cylinder that goes into the dark casing that has the "Bomber" decal when the fork compresses right? On the fox forks it is the goldish copper cylinder that compresses into the case? I will definatly try that. I hosed the bike down and took a towel with no oil or anything on it a couple days ago to clean the bike and I did not oil it or anything. What oil should I use to wipe down the sanchions?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    yes

Nov 2008
    What oil should I use to wipe down the sanchions?

Sometimes has attitude
    What oil should I use to wipe down the sanchions?
    Well just to know what's going on, any oil would work. Use chain lube. Then we can understand if it's just dry seals or if something else is happening.
    Ride Your Bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi Tech Department
    Well just to know what's going on, any oil would work. Use chain lube. Then we can understand if it's just dry seals or if something else is happening.
    Those fork are made with 2 spring and 2 elastomer, if I remember correctly ? (Never worked on the new one with rebound cart).

Maybe you could open it and cut the elastomer a bit, or remove it. It is sitting in the middle of the spring.

Nov 2008
    Ok the person at the LBS said it had enough oil because the stanchions were oily. I would like it iff the fork was more rapid and faster compression and rebounding... How can I adjust that? (I already have the preload know all the way loose...) I dont want to make it more firm just slightely faster... The fork is not compressing nearly as much as I would like it to when i am going off of drop offs like 2-3 footers to flat.

Nov 2008
    Anyone???????????????

Sometimes has attitude
    Anyone???????????????
    Hello,
    There's not much you can do with tuning your fork. It's an entry level "XC" fork.

Best thing to do would be to save some money and get a fork with more tuning capabilities. I wish there was something else to tell you but there isn't, sorry.

MTD USA
    Ride Your Bike!

Nov 2008
    Ok thanks for the help Ill try to save up for a better fork...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I had the same Marz Mz forks and I'm 250 lbs and the didn't work at all for me. Fortunately Marzocchi has a warenty upgrade program. I paid $210.00 to upgrade to 09 44 ATA's (a $450.00 fork). I have pounded these things pretty good and they work great, very smooth. It made all of the difference in the world.