mtbr member
    Jul 2012

SRAM/RockShox Go Above and Beyond

Looking to upgrade my fork, I settled on the RockShox Recon Gold TK. As my bike is white, I planned on getting the white version as the SRAM/RockShox website indicated the shock came in white. However, in all my research on the web, I could only find the Recon Gold TK in black. So, I decided to contact my LBS to see what they would charge for the fork and figured they would be able to get it in white.

The manager of the LBS couldnít locate it in white either, so he contacted SRAM/RockShox directly. They indicated that they didnít have any built in white, but they would custom build one with white lower legs for me and that it would take about 6 to 8 weeks to be delivered.

So, I waited and at about 9 weeks of not hearing anything, I decided to contact the manager of the LBS again to see what the status was.

After a couple more weeks of the manager attempting to escalate the issue with SRAM/RockShox and communicating with his RockShox rep, we found out that SRAM/RockShox would not be able to custom build the fork in white for me.

However, hereís where SRAM/RockShox impressed me. They told the manager of my LBS that they felt bad about the mix up and offered to send an SID XX fork for the same price as the Recon Gold TK! This was totally unexpected and really they didnít have to do that, but they did and now Iíll be getting a much better fork than I expected for about half the price they normally go for.

A big thanks to SRAM/RockShox for going above and beyond!

-Skippy

mtbr member
    ***Runs to local bike shop to try the same thing***

Class Clown
    Damn you lucked out big time!

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    SRAM/RockShox Go Above and Beyond
    I'd say it's more a case that you've been compensated for your being stuffed around for 3 months believing that you'd get something that they couldn't supply.

They've given you something better then what you wanted so you wouldn't come on here and bad mouth them about their stuff up.

What they've done is the least that they should do and I doubt they'll continue to make promises like that which can't be fulfilled.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    I'd say it's more a case that you've been compensated for your being stuffed around for 3 months believing that you'd get something that they couldn't supply.

They've given you something better then what you wanted so you wouldn't come on here and bad mouth them about their stuff up.

What they've done is the least that they should do and I doubt they'll continue to make promises like that which can't be fulfilled.
    While I agree they should have done something to make up for being "stuffed around for 3 months", they could have just offered a Reba or something. Offering the SID XX is where I think they went beyond.

-Skippy

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    While I agree they should have done something to make up for being "stuffed around for 3 months", they could have just offered a Reba or something. Offering the SID XX is where I think they went beyond.
    There mightn't of been any other white forks available except for a stockpile of white SID XX's laying around that no one was buying.

mtbr member

Re: SRAM/RockShox Go Above and Beyond

I have always had good service from Sram/Rockshox.