mtbr member

Sr Suntour Durolux fork?

Hello!

I just bought an Intense Tracer Vp, with all the bells and whistles I could afford! It's gonna have a fox 32 FIT RLC Kashima TALAS QR15 150mm tapered bla bla bla! phew! So I got the front end covered.....for trail riding....but how about for some very light free riding I could do @ mammoth or maybe north star at tahoe? I would definitely want a larger fork!

My dad can get some sr suntour stuff for cheap...and he told me those guys had a long travel fork...So looking @ their website I found the Durolux...with tapered steerer, 180 to 140 infinite travel adjust, air spring, cool aesthetics, and 20mm QR axle. Doesn't sound that bad....

2009 fork reviews, send the fork to the stone age...pretty bad IMO, but this wouldn't be my main fork, so I would like to know if anybody has tried the newer stuff...

I'm riding hope hubs so I can swap the end caps from qr15 to 20mm so thats no problem.

Would this fork be worth the try? I can't get it free, so theres some loss if it turns out sh*tty...So help me out guys...and be honest, and don't comment just to thrash the brand just because your some fox freak, or rock shox junkie ok?

Thanks much guys!

Heres the link of the webpage and fork...

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/SID...ries&tnid=2557
    My Bike: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=49

On-One Whippet 650b XC machine

Former Bike Wrench
    Well Suntour makes Marzocchi forks so they do have the capabilities of making quality forks...no idea if the one you suggested is good or not but at least you know there is hope.

mtbr member
    Well anyone here tried one?

I really would like to have a spare fork with longer travel without spending a lot of money on a fox or rock shox...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Well Suntour makes Marzocchi forks so they do have the capabilities of making quality forks...
    You mean the Marzocchi who's been unable to make a quality fork for three years now?

It looks like the Durolox most likely has a port orifice damper, meaning while it would be fine for jumping or urban, it would be totally out of it's element on downhill. By the way, unless you really need on-the-fly travel adjust, forget the Talas and get a Float. It's lighter, more robust, and very tunable.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic
    You mean the Marzocchi who's been unable to make a quality fork for three years now?
    It's been longer than that IMO...

mtbr member
    Like I say I just ordered the new Talas 32 2011 fork...and it wasn't cheap...And the kind of riding that I do every day doesn't need a fox 36...Too much, too heavy and tall.

I'm just asking about the durolux because my dad can get one of those suntour fork, for cheap. VERY CHEAP haha...And spending another 600 bucks for a spare longer travel fork is a big no no...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Shock companies are suppose to make shocks that don't leak air or oil. Those problems were suppose to be fixed several years ago.... IF the problem remains in shocks like Marzocchi, then the shock company is not worth the time....

I had a Zok in the good old days, A Z1, when they were king... Tenneson or what ever their name is , took over things changed... The Marzocchi name was no more...

I would not buy a shock that doesn't use quality materials..... And a Shock that requires a month turn around at the shop... I would stay with Fox or Rock shox...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Honestly, the fox 150mm is plenty enough.... whats the extra 30mm going to do..

In regards marzocchi sucking.... i have an 05 888RC that has taken some serious beatings and still going strong. Would i rather have a fox? yes.. but thats a different story

mtbr member
    They're aplenty here in our country, as far as reliability goes it's on the par with 08-10 zoke forks...Meaning, it's pretty much crap, I've seen forks with slopped bushing out of the box from the short to long travel models. I'd personally go with the Toras or the other basic damped forks from RS, or better yet a pre 08 Z1 fork FTW.
    Folangag

What?
    This thread was over a year old and resurrected for no reason

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Well timed though, Pinkbike posted a longterm review of a durolux last week.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread