mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Springs for Judy DH's - what fits?

I have a 95/96 ish (cantilever brake arch) set of Judy DH's, in great condition and elastomers still ok, but was thinking maybe I should get some springs just in case. Anyone know what I should be looking for, do I need Judy DH specific springs or will the others for the later models fit, seen a few for sale on ebay Type 2, Type 3 and DHO's?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bike Geek

springs

I would get a few different springs til you can match the length of what is in there, and the feel you like. There are some cheap springs on ebay, for under $30 you should have lots of options.
    RIP AL DAVIS

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Don't bother putting money into that Judy DH. Even if you find springs, you're still stuck with an old fork which uses old and poor performing damping technology. Save the money and buy a newer used fork.

Not the answer you're looking for, but it really isn't worth it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'd forgot all about this one?

Anyway, yeah, I see springs on ebay but not all of them list length or width and I don't always get a reply when I ask, so I try to find one's the same as the elastomer stack rather than get one's that don't fit and hope a can come up with some combination that will? So hoping someone would know if later Judy springs fit?

Know what your saying about new forks, but they're on this:

and I'd rather try to keep it that way for as long as poss, wouldn't be able to use those Tri-aligns on newer forks, eh?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ooooooor you could just get new v-brakes as well and you'd not only have a much nicer and capable fork up front, but you'd also have better brakes.

On a different note, I love the old FSR frames.

overrated/underestimated
    Nov 2006
    But a Judy DH with tri-aligns just looks way better on an old-school specialized.
    yeah, I know
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Maybe "AM" riding will break a XC bike, but maybe XC riding will break an AM rider

mtbr member
    wow, i had one of those forks way back when.