mtbr member
    May 2007

Spinner Cargo Air TX

Any information on this 20mm axle 150mm travel fork? Good, Bad or Ugly.

The plough
    I am looking at the coil version of it, Cargo 1. Here are the current specifications for both the coil and the air version - the ones on the website and catalogue are not entirely up to date:

1. Cargo 1
    o Coil Spring
    o 110~150mm Travel Adjust
    o Rebound Adjust
    o Standard is 10mm Quick Release (20mm Axle optional)
    o Weight: 2.3kg

2. Cargo Air TX Dial
    o Air Spring
    o 110~150mm Travel Adjust
    o Lockout with Threshold Function
    o Rebound Adjust
    o Standard is 10mm Quick Release (20mm Axle optional)
    o Weight: 2.7kg

Besides the lack of lockout and tuneability of the air shock, to me the coil shock looks like a better deal. It ought to be more reliable and its almost half a kilo lighter. Mind you, they have been making Rock Shox for years so reliability may not be more of a concern than is the norm with each design.

As far as experience using this fork goes, none. I have not bought mine yet, but I hope to do so this week.

Cheers,

V.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Spinner Cargo

Thank you very much for the information. So, Spinner is part of Sram or Sram is part of Spinner? Would this be a better option than the RS Pike?

dirt visionary
    save your cash and get marz,manitou,fox or rockshox . IME spinner is below rst .

The plough
    Spinner is an OEM manufacturer, not part of SRAM or in any other way related to them as far as I know. They only started branding their own stuff recently - I think a year or two ago.

I have no problem buying from them as I am in Taiwan. I can get direct support from their R & D department if there are any problems

Interestingly, RST makes Manitou forks, while Spinner makes (made) Rock Shox forks.

V.

squish is good
    I've read good things about them. Other than weighing a ton and a half their supposed to be a very good value. I wouldn't put them in the same league as Rock Shox, but then I wouldn't discount them a la RST.

Check it, a little mag review action for you:

Spinner Cargo and others fork review

mtbr member
    May 2007

Spinner Cargo Air TX

Thanks for the link on the fork reviews/testing. The Wotan really stands out as a good fork.

squish is good
    I've got one in the mail!!! I'll have a little more on the Wotan as soon as I see it. I actually ordered it before I discovered this review so I really hope it stands up. Theres a huge thread on it in the shocks and suspension forum and everything sounds pretty decent. You can find them in the $600 range if your interested, much cheaper than their competition.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Wotan

Cheaper and better it sounds like. Please let me know what you think of it after a few rides on it. The guy that was doing his own test on it seems to really like it.

mtbr member
    So did anybody ever buy the spinner cargo air? What did you think. Unfortunately, it seems most of the opinions on the spinner seemed to be based on perception, not experience. That being said I don't want to be the experiment.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

The plough
    Necro alert! :-) I remembered this thread from long time ago...

Yes. I finally bought a Spinner Cargo Air.

Yes it works well, it is very controlled and smooth. It also takes big hits without blowing seals or complaining.

We reviewed it here: Spinner Cargo Air Dial-TX Review

V.

What?
    i got one off ebay a few months ago and i love it. i have have a few marz. dirt jumpers and this blows it away. my only complaint is the rebound adjustment is very small but i havent really needed to use it anyway. i took it downhilling at seven springs PA and it was begging for me to use it harder.

mtbr member
    I got Cargo Air TX Dial from Ebay and it worked very very well, but now developed a slow air leak.

I wrote to them asking for a source of parts - maybe I could overhaul it and replace a seal. No good, answer was they do not have such a program yet and I need to talk to OEM manufacturer. I do not have an OEM manufacturer.

Sending it in to be fixed for money kinda defeats the purpose of a cheap fork.

Still was worth trying at the price point I got - now need to figure out if the air seal can be fixed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Still was worth trying at the price point I got - now need to figure out if the air seal can be fixed.
    For no apparent reason, it did not leak at all ever since. Solid fork so far.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    For no apparent reason, it did not leak at all ever since. Solid fork so far.
    I have had mine for almost a year now and have abused it. Still running strong. I want to get another one for my wifes bike but cant find them anywhere anymore.