mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Spinner Aeris MTB Fork Smart Lockout 80mm 1354g Black

Would you recommend this fork for a rider under 140lbs.?

Thanks!

What?
    Its not a bad fork. I think the fork you are talking about it always locked out, but has a threshhold adjustment, meaning that you control how hard of a hit it will take to unlock the fork. It works fairly well for what is. Biggest problem you would have is finding a place to services it, or get parts for it. In my opinion, if its cheap, get it. If you can get a more widely known brand for close to the same price, go that route just for service issues.

mtbr member
    Total Junk! You cannot get replacement parts for Spinner Forks in the USA. I currently have two 2011 Trek 4300 Disc bikes with broken lockout knobs.

What?
    where did you try to find parts? They can be found, you just have to try hard. That being said, if the spinner fork came on a 4300, its a very low end fork and not worth looking for the part anyway.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know where to get lockout top cap for Spinner 300 Hydraulic Fork.
    I contacted warranty rep at Trek and they do not support Spinner Forks.
    I tried to contact Spinner at 650-956-4442 the number is no longer in service.
    I left several messages at Spinner-USA 1-888-804-1095 ---- No Return Calls ---
    E-Mail steve@promologicusa.com ---- No Response.
    Two brand new bikes with useless Spinner Forks.

mtbr member
    Spinner 300 Forks - Check lower legs frequenlty for loose bolts and excessive play.
    Last edited by NJBikeKing; 10-20-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    You just discovered the main issue with companies like Spinner and RST...even if they make a good fork, good luck getting any parts or service for them

What?
    Pics of your top cap? How did you break it?(2 of them) The only response I ever got from spinner about my Cargo air was by email. info@spinnerusa.com

What?
    The reason I asked for a pic is because I still have the damper out of my Spinner fork. Its a different damper(T-SPUL) but if the top caps are the same(Probably not but worth a shot) I might be able to send it to you and get one of the two forks working again.

mtbr member

No good Spinner 300 Fork Broken Lockout

BRAND NEW - NEVER RIDDEN -When the "loose fitting" lock out lever is turned, the threaded connecting rod to the damper easily strips, rendering the lockout function useless.
    I have disassembled FOUR of these forks and they all have issues. Without available replacement parts Spinner 300 Forks are total JUNK!

What?
    So is the damper rod stripped out or the lever? Is either one platic? Sounds like a job for some JB weld. You wont be able to take it apart once you put it together, but its a very low end fork. When the time comes to rebuild it, you just replace it.

mtbr member

Spinner 300 Top Cap

Thank you Mullen119. I realize now why the all metal caps broke. On most forks you can simply remove the 22mm cap from the stanchion with a socket. On the Spinner 300 fork you must first remove the snap ring from the top cap before un-threading or it will shear the 8mm hollow steel bolt set below. Spinner offers no technical support. No schematics or diagrams. No spare parts. Fortunately we have a fix for the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images