Rat Bastard!
    Jun 2006

Specialized S120 Overhaul Instructions?

Search on here and a generic Google search didn't turn up any hard info on overhauling these forks. Wouldn't be the first time I've torn into something with little or no info but I'm really surprised nobody has a write up or video on this shock. If someone knows where some good info is I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
    Mike

waiting for a piece (.45)
    These are a tough fork to overhaul.... parts are only available at Specialized Authorized Service Centers, it has a BRAIN !!

Having taken one apart and put back together I can tell you these few things:

IFP pressure is about 100psi
    there are 2 o-rings that you have to change on the IFP (both wear and both leak)
    change the main seal everytime you take the cartridge out
    the negative chamber is based on your body weight/riding style AND is marked on the lower part of the cartridge in millimeters ( I'm about 200lbs in full kit so I like mine at 57-58mm.... apparently this is a bit more than "factory" for a 175lbs rider which is 50-51mm.....

I suggest you take out the IFP and cycle it upside down once you've taken out the old oil.

The Depth of the IFP:
    measure the thickness if the IFP body multiply that number by two (12mm or so as I recall) and write that down. Take the cartridge fill it with oil, compress it until it overflows and then remove oil down to the bottom of the threads, remove oil from the IFP chamber (the number you measured before) and slowly pull the upper part of the cartridge shaft out, grease the o-rings and slide the IFP in until you hit the oil in the bottom...., put the cap on and pressurize the IFP to 100psi or so...

Rat Bastard!
    Jun 2006
    I was hoping it would be easier to do. Sounds like I'd be better off simply sending it in for service. I believe I've read on here that it runs $200-250 depending on work required to meet their specs.

Maybe I should take a closer look at that Fox F120 Terralogic. Christmas is just around the corner.

Mike