Meatbomb

Specialized/Fox Shock w/ Auto Sag

Anyone running the Fox Shock with the Auto Sag? If so, how often do you set the sag?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The manual says that you should check it before every ride, this seems a bit excessive, but I would go for what you feel comfortable with.....

Battling silly sales!
    I would recommend checking it before every ride by slipping the indicator o-ring up the slider and hopping on gently, hop off gently and your approximate sag will be shown right there! The way in which you hop on and off will determine how accurate the sag is...

Meatbomb
    Thanks guys! I doubt that will happen but I make a goal for checking it once a week. At least i know I'm lazy

mtbr member
    If you have to adjust it more than monthly, you probably have a shock problem. Shocks hold air pretty well until they're in need of service.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Specialized/Fox Shock w/ Auto Sag

I never check mine, just put a bit of air in when it feels too soft.

The auto sag was too firm for my liking, so it didn't even work for an initial setting on my Stumpjumper Evo.

It's a gimmick, I'd rather not have it and save the 10 (or whatever tiny amount) grams.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Never used the auto sag, didnt like to spray oil on my finger. Maybe i'll try some time, just to see if it works.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B.BL View Post
    Never used the auto sag, didnt like to spray oil on my finger. Maybe i'll try some time, just to see if it works.
    Me too, I don't use the auto sag using good old o-ring to sag the bike (what I do once a year, not more)

mtbr member
    Reset Auto Sag every 2 months