Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Specialized flip-flop link: Replacement Shock for 2002-2004 Enduro FSR

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  slyfink 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been told, even though my 2002 Enduro Pro FSR has an OEM non standard shock size of 7.625" x 2.0", it can easily be setup to accommodate either a 7.875" X 2.25" or a 7.5" x 2.0" rear shock.
Just by flipping the rear shock linkage, and using the appropriate setup. Does anyone have experience with this? Which rear linkage setup, should be used with each of the rear shock sizes?

Thanks In Advance,

Uni

#2 ·
if you put in a longer shock (i2i), you will steepen the head angle and raise your bb. if you put in a shorter shock, you will do the opposite (slacken the HA, and drop the BB). you could then use the "flip chip" thingy to try and negate the changes created by using a different shock. If I remember correctly, that chip has 4 settings, but really only 2 made sense...

if you currently ride it steep and high (HA and BB), and want to keep it that way, put in the longer shock, but switch the flip chip to low and slack. and vice versa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.