mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Spacer or more SAG on a Rev Dual Air

I recently purchased a Revelation RLT Dual Air to upgrade my Zesty. The fork is 150mm and my bike is designed for 140mm. The usual way would be to put a 10mm spacer inside but I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to run a little more SAG instead?
    The idea would be to have the right amount of pressure in the positive chamber and a little too much on the negative so that it would eat up some travel.
    Would this work or did I miss something?
    Then I don't want to run the fork at 150mm with the recommended SAG since I already compensate for a too high BB with offset bushings.
    Thanks in advance,
    E

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMTB.fr View Post
    I recently purchased a Revelation RLT Dual Air to upgrade my Zesty. The fork is 150mm and my bike is designed for 140mm. The usual way would be to put a 10mm spacer inside but I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to run a little more SAG instead?
    The idea would be to have the right amount of pressure in the positive chamber and a little too much on the negative so that it would eat up some travel.
    Would this work or did I miss something?
    Then I don't want to run the fork at 150mm with the recommended SAG since I already compensate for a too high BB with offset bushings.
    Thanks in advance,
    E
    Running additional sag means the spring rate is wrong = bandaid. Just install a 10mm spacer and have the correct spring rate.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That would be true on a solo air fork, but the nice thing about the dual air is that you can adjust the spring rate independently from the SAG.
    I don't have enough posts to be able to post links but look for post #14 in the thread called "solo air vs dual air" forums.mtbr.com/8565698-post14.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMTB.fr View Post
    That would be true on a solo air fork, but the nice thing about the dual air is that you can adjust the spring rate independently from the SAG.
    I don't have enough posts to be able to post links but look for post #14 in the thread called "solo air vs dual air" forums.mtbr.com/8565698-post14.html
    I have owned a few Dual Air forks as well as posted in that thread. Fork performance usually boils down to personal preference. Personally I don't tune a Dual Air fork to reduce travel. Try it for yourself and see if you like the results.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It looks like i will have to!
    Thank you for posting, Keen!