Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwiz

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    seems to have switched to 100 posts per page form 50.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    On one of my bikes I have a 2016 Fox 34 Factory fork, 140 mm on a 29er with a pretty light wheelset and light tires currently on the bike for an upcoming XC race. When I set up for Balanced tune the ShockWiz has me slow the rebound completely closed. I weigh 155 lbs, and am getting 22% dynamic sag. Overall score is around 84, with OK for air pressure, air spring ramp, rebound, and bottom out resistance. I am thinking that part of the issue here is that the fork internal tune is set up with the expectation that I would be running 800-1000 gram tires but I am running 630g tires currently (wouldn't that affect rebound speed?). Anyways, I guess it is as good as I can get it on this XC setup and I will probably have to revisit things when I set things back up with my normal 850-900g tires. Anyone encounter this issue with swapping different weights of tires?

mtbr member
    Did a little write up on the shockwiz. Pretty cool little tool

https://evolutiontrainingcycles.word...uarq-shockwiz/

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I seem to have a lot of trouble waking the unit up, does anyone else suffer from that or have any suggestions? Twice now I have had to take the battery out and reinstall to get it to wake up

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes! Thought it was the battery initially.
    Turns out, on mine anyway, that the battery needs to be almost fully inserted but not fully. The contact point is weird. So try inserting it until it holds enough AND you can see its working.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb4190 View Post
    I seem to have a lot of trouble waking the unit up, does anyone else suffer from that or have any suggestions? Twice now I have had to take the battery out and reinstall to get it to wake up

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    You need to pick up the front end of bike and drop it. Check the unit to ensure the red light flashes. Then open app. You may need to kill app and open again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Just bought the Shockwiz (have to wait some weeks, it is out of stock).. and i read all the posts here.
    Im riding a XC bike (full susp) with a lefty. My riding is also XC. My questions are.
    Which of the 4 options is the best for xc riding.
    How do you set all the setting when you only can add pressure and or change rebound?
    Doe any of you here used the shockwiz ad an Cannondale Scalpel SI?
    Many thanks....
    Kane
    Last edited by kanetrader; 06-11-2017 at 11:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanetrader View Post
    Just bought the Shockwiz (have to wait some weeks, it is out of stock).. and i read all the posts here.
    Im riding a XC bike (full susp) with a lefty. My riding is also XC. My questions are.
    How do you set all the setting when you only can add pressure and or change rebound?
    Which of the 4 riding styles you use comes down to personal preference. In order to adjust compression damping on a lefty, you send it back to cannondale for internal adjustments. One of the many joys of owning a lefty. I have used the wiz on a buddy's bike with a lefty. It is a pain to get the thing calibrated and sealed because of the type of schrader valve they use, but it does work well once its set up.
    2008 BMC Fourstroke 19-559 ISO (RIP in peace)
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    You need to pick up the front end of bike and drop it. Check the unit to ensure the red light flashes. Then open app. You may need to kill app and open again.

Yeah I do all that. Sometimes it doesn't even wake up after a solid 2 hrs or more of solid riding. I think I may have purchased a dud but if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful. Its the kind of thing you cant even send back to the shop because most of the time it works. Its just occasionaly it wont wake up and its a bloody nuisance to have to cut the zipties and take the battery out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanetrader View Post
    Doe any of you here used the shockwiz ad an Cannondale Scalpel SI?
    Many thanks....
    Kane
    My scalpel si was set up to almost all green. My riding style is xc race and the shockwiz was set to balanced. I did take out the stock 20mm of volume reducers and add a 5mm reducer in the lefty. Didn't have to do any revalving. Also did not need to use the direct mount hose.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rupps5 View Post
    My scalpel si was set up to almost all green. My riding style is xc race and the shockwiz was set to balanced. I did take out the stock 20mm of volume reducers and add a 5mm reducer in the lefty. Didn't have to do any revalving. Also did not need to use the direct mount hose.
    Thanks... but why did you swob the 20mm reducer for the 5mm what is the result/benefit of this?
    When having the shockwiz, i will check what it suggests and see how my SI performs ...

mtbr member
    I change the volume reducers to get the ramp up I liked. With the stock reducers I had to run to low pressure and would sag pretty far into the travel under normal riding. Taking out all the reducers and the dog bone reducer I had to increase pressure by 50 pounds and it didn't ramp up quick enough. With the dog bone and 5 millimeter reducer everything seems to be just right.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspeed View Post
    Would like to know this too, also DVO topaz compatible?
    Did you ever find out if worked with the Topaz? I was thinking of loaning one to try.

mtbr member
    Coupla questions:

Does the Shockwiz store suspension travel as a function of time, suspension "events", or derived suspension performance parameters, and how does this proceed as you do a test ride?

Are the suggestions specific for your riding style, or are the generic for each of four modes?
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    It stores data and the old data replaced with new data when memory runs out. I believe there is data for each event. The suggestions are just calculated from the data depending on the style of riding youvr selected. You can cycle through the styles and it will recalculate on the fly.

mtbr member
    I weigh 215lbs RTR and don't consider myself overly agressive. My Shockwiz seems to like me running very low pressure for my weight. Pressure is so low that its off the bottom end of Fox's suggested starting point for any weight...

2017 Fox 34 FIT4 @ 140mm- Started at 85psi w one reducer. Tuned to 55psi w/ three reducers. Dynamic sag is ~25% with all tuning parameters showing green.

2017 Fox 36 FIT4 @ 160mm- Started at 78psi w one orange reducer. Tuned to 50psi w/ two blue and one orange reducer. Dynamic sag is ~11% w Shockwiz suggesting less air pressure and more reducers.

I don't think its a calibration issue. Compression ratios are between 2.5-2.7 depending on the number of reducers. The fork extends easily when calibrating and I always cycle the fork when filling with air to avoid any negative chamber issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpress View Post
    I weigh 215lbs RTR and don't consider myself overly agressive. My Shockwiz seems to like me running very low pressure for my weight. Pressure is so low that its off the bottom end of Fox's suggested starting point for any weight...

2017 Fox 34 FIT4 @ 140mm- Started at 85psi w one reducer. Tuned to 55psi w/ three reducers. Dynamic sag is ~25% with all tuning parameters showing green.

2017 Fox 36 FIT4 @ 160mm- Started at 78psi w one orange reducer. Tuned to 50psi w/ two blue and one orange reducer. Dynamic sag is ~11% w Shockwiz suggesting less air pressure and more reducers.

I don't think its a calibration issue. Compression ratios are between 2.5-2.7 depending on the number of reducers. The fork extends easily when calibrating and I always cycle the fork when filling with air to avoid any negative chamber issues.
    I'm also close to your weight, same Fox 34, 2 spacers and like 57psi from shockwiz. I don't think you can compare shock pump pressure with the shockwiz. My new pump reads 75psi. Rides great.
    🍺🍕🚵🏻🥓🥃🍹🔧

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutch View Post
    I'm also close to your weight, same Fox 34, 2 spacers and like 57psi from shockwiz. I don't think you can compare shock pump pressure with the shockwiz. My new pump reads 75psi. Rides great.
    Thats helpful though my shock pump reads ~1.5psi below the Shockwiz. The Fox 34 feels good and the 36 is still a work in progress. I just can't get over how little pressure I got to run...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mpress View Post
    Thats helpful though my shock pump reads ~1.5psi below the Shockwiz. The Fox 34 feels good and the 36 is still a work in progress. I just can't get over how little pressure I got to run...
    It seems common for Shockwiz to recommend lower pressures. Its been a bit of an eye opener for me as on many of bikes that I have tried Shockwiz on its recommended going lower on pressure, especially the rear shock. I use the Balanced setting and the generally recommendations I most commonly get are lower pressure and more spacers/tokens. Makes sense, softer with better small bump compliance and then ramping up progressively for the bigger hits.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Using the Shockwiz for the couple of months has been very educational. I pretty much ride with it on every ride mostly on my fork. I settled on a playful setting after about two weeks of testing and haven't changed the setting since, so I'm just checking with the Shockwiz to see what it would suggest I change on different rides. It's been a very good learning experience. The biggest thing I've learned is that there is no perfect setting. The recommendations change with different trails (no real surprise) but also how I ride the same trail. On one particular trail I ride a lot I have tried riding with different styles, sometimes looking to pump and jump as much as possible and other times pushing for the fastest time possible. The Shockwiz seems very adept at figuring out your style and making recommendations to improve it. It also seems pretty good at figuring how aggressively you are riding and making recommendations accordingly. In most situations, Shockwiz always recommends softer pressure and very little LSC and HSC. Only when I push myself to my absolute limits does it tell me to add any HSC or pressure. What this tells me is that even on my best day I'm not anywhere close to pushing my bike and suspension to it's limits. Humbling.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Good info.

I find that when I don't ride my best or hardest I can get too soft of settings. Even when I charge during the ride at first, then say I'm climbing, walking, resting later on it will alter my settings. Since I prioritize the more down rowdy sections, I always do a screen shot once I hit the bottom of my trails.

One issue I have is that I tend to lift the front end up over every trail obstacle, then my front end doesn't get used much, and so Shockwiz then recommends softer overall fork settings, then when I screw up or ledge drop it's now too soft. Not exactly sure how to overcome this issue, maybe just plow in to everything for a day?

mtbr member
    Do you guys "trust" the ShockWiz to give you optimal settings?

I have found that the settings it recommends for me are a little on the soft side for the terrain in my neck of the woods. If I set my fork as soft as it is suggesting, I would have major fork dive in the steep techy stuff.

I already have 3 tokens in my pike and it is suggesting more, which is a little odd, but whatever. But then it is suggesting significantly less PSI. And less LSC. Not sure I agree with where it is taking me. I may end up in the hospital running my fork as soft as it is suggesting.

Lots and lots and lots of fun though. Wow. I have run it on 8 rides so far - twice for each of my fork and shock, as well the fork and shock on my daughter's bike. Very interesting and fun, regardless of whether I buy into all of the suggested settings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post

I have found that the settings it recommends for me are a little on the soft side for the terrain in my neck of the woods. If I set my fork as soft as it is suggesting, I would have major fork dive in the steep techy stuff.

I already have 3 tokens in my pike and it is suggesting more, which is a little odd, but whatever. But then it is suggesting significantly less PSI. And less LSC. Not sure I agree with where it is taking me. I may end up in the hospital running my fork as soft as it is suggesting.

Lots and lots and lots of fun though. Wow. I have run it on 8 rides so far - twice for each of my fork and shock, as well the fork and shock on my daughter's bike. Very interesting and fun, regardless of whether I buy into all of the suggested settings.
    What tuning style are you using to get such feedback??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    What tuning style are you using to get such feedback??
    Balanced.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Balanced.
    What is your approx riding weight, exact Pike fork, and compression ratio from shockwiz?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Do all pikes have the same Commission ratio?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Compression

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Compression ratio changes when you add or subtract tokens or spacers.

mtbr member
    What is your approx riding weight, exact Pike fork, and compression ratio from shockwiz?
    190 lbs, 2015 160mm RC Solo Air, 3.2 measured.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Have you looked at the Vorsprung Luftkappe? The Pike seems to be binary, either too soft or too firm, for heavier riders. At 200ish lbs I've been riding mine firm but will probably be investing in a Luftkappe soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Have you looked at the Vorsprung Luftkappe? The Pike seems to be binary, either too soft or too firm, for heavier riders. At 200ish lbs I've been riding mine firm but will probably be investing in a Luftkappe soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I was just looking at that.

My Pike has been horrible from Day 1. The way you describe it is precisely how mine is. I opted to sacrifice plushness for a full set of teeth and have been running mine on the firm side for 3 seasons now. Yeah - I may now have detached retinas but at least my smile is still intact. I HATE that fork.

I am also thinking about an Avy cartridge and am on the cusp of also replacing my Monarch Air (another POS component in my view) with either a CCDB Coil CS or an X2. The problem is that once I drop all that cash, I may as well just ride my Range as is for the rest of the season, pray for a carbon Process for 2018 and use that money to get back to where I should have been all the time with the Process.

Decisions...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How much travel are you not using afer these rides? Becuase CR of 3.2 seems a little on high side to me and wonder if its correct.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'd also add I gave up on my Pike and now have a 160mm Lyrik with a Luftkappe which is amazing. The mid-stroke support in particiular with small bump sensitiviy is awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi everyone, just got the shockwiz that we are sharing with some friends.
    I got an Evil Insurgent with Monarch Plus Debonair MM and a Fox 36 HSC/LSC. Tried to set up the Monarch plus debonair MM in first instance.
    These are the result of the first two rides.
    I will adjust the rebound of 1-2 clicks as suggested by the Shockwiz app.
    But the question is how can I set up lsc and hsc on the Monarch? Specific tuning is needed?
    Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwiz-image1.jpg  

Shockwiz-image2.jpg  

Shockwiz-image3.jpg  

Shockwiz-image4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apology if this question was asked before. Just ordered a Shockwiz. Should I start with the Fork or shock first? I am using Fox 36 Fork and X2 shock. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris9888 View Post
    Apology if this question was asked before. Just ordered a Shockwiz. Should I start with the Fork or shock first? I am using Fox 36 Fork and X2 shock. Thanks!

I went for the shock first. But I guess it depends on which one you feel could use the most help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by henry_z4 View Post
    But the question is how can I set up lsc and hsc on the Monarch? Specific tuning is needed?
    Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
    You can play with the internal shims inside the Monarch.
    Basically you can add/remove/rearrange and put different sized thin washers inside the shock to adjust the damping.
    There are some threads here "Monarch RC3 shimstack" and "Monarch RT3 shimstack".
    Also if you can buy a new piston from Rockshox that is already setup with the desired shim stack arrangement. Like changing your MM to a ML or whatever you want.
    But hopefully since your rebound was way too fast that was the big problem and you won't have to go down that rabbit hole.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1000 View Post
    You can play with the internal shims inside the Monarch.
    Basically you can add/remove/rearrange and put different sized thin washers inside the shock to adjust the damping.
    There are some threads here "Monarch RC3 shimstack" and "Monarch RT3 shimstack".
    Also if you can buy a new piston from Rockshox that is already setup with the desired shim stack arrangement. Like changing your MM to a ML or whatever you want.
    But hopefully since your rebound was way too fast that was the big problem and you won't have to go down that rabbit hole.
    Yeah I suspected that.I'll ride tomorrow with 2 click slower in the rebound and check again! Thanks for the suggestions!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    here I am with this morning ride.
    Same trail, same style, same tyre pressure.
    Modification: 2 click slower rebound
    Still have the Pogo problem. No more rebound problem.
    Tomorrow I'll ride a trail with some more jumps and make the rebound slower (2 clicks?) to see what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwiz-image3-1.jpg  

Shockwiz-image2-1.jpg  

Shockwiz-image1-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    I loved the ShockWiz (I had to return it yesterday). I may actually buy one. Better yet, if I can find two used, I may do that. But for me, I don't necessarily agree with what the ShockWiz suggests are optimum settings.

Now...I did only use the "balanced" mode". Perhaps I should have gone for something more aggressive.

I think I may prefer my suspension on the firmer side, with my bike riding higher on the climbs, and skipping over the top of the chunk on the downs and flats (as opposed to living deep within it). At speed, the softer settings on my suspension feels like they cause me to get hung up a little in the roots and rocks. And climbing is significantly more tiring for me.

I will leave the settings as is for a few more rides but not sure if I agree with the ShockWiz's suggestions for the terrain I ride.

That said, love the ShockWiz. Lots of fun, and very interesting. Plus it was instrumental in setting up my daughter's suspension on her Process. Great product.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Efficient mode would almost certainly have given you what you describe.
    I loved the ShockWiz (I had to return it yesterday). I may actually buy one. Better yet, if I can find two used, I may do that. But for me, I don't necessarily agree with what the ShockWiz suggests are optimum settings.

Now...I did only use the "balanced" mode". Perhaps I should have gone for something more aggressive.

I think I may prefer my suspension on the firmer side, with my bike riding higher on the climbs, and skipping over the top of the chunk on the downs and flats (as opposed to living deep within it). At speed, the softer settings on my suspension feels like they cause me to get hung up a little in the roots and rocks. And climbing is significantly more tiring for me.

I will leave the settings as is for a few more rides but not sure if I agree with the ShockWiz's suggestions for the terrain I ride.

That said, love the ShockWiz. Lots of fun, and very interesting. Plus it was instrumental in setting up my daughter's suspension on her Process. Great product.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I think you're asking the wrong question. Here is my take after being the first customer to use my LBS's shockwiz (yay LBS!)...

I see the shockwiz as a data acquisition tool that's like a second set of hands and feet telling you whats going on with your bike. Personally I'm too distracted by the rock gardens, adrenaline, deer, scenery, etc to really know what % of the time my back tire is skipping or rolling. I know it does both and sometimes its jittery and sometimes kinda blah. Sometimes I don't notice at all and go really fast and have a ton of fun which probably means its just right.

The shockwiz notes all that stuff for me so I don't need to worry about it as much. These past few days I've noticed myself riding harder because I really want to work the suspension and see whats up. That alone has helped me out a lot. On top of that I have a log that tells me if I pogo'd or packed or bottomed out 5 times, etc. AND, I also get a few suggestions that are pretty general but are surely worth investigating because now there is this neat new toy that quantitatively tells you exactly what that adjustment did...and how it affects everything else. 2 extra clicks took my fork from mostly green to mostly yellows and reds!

Another thing many people will tell you, suspension is always a compromise. A trail that starts kinda flowy showed me everything was well adjusted and in balance. Then after a .75mi rocky decent everything was out of whack! More air, more ramp, more compression, less rebound, etc. Going back to how often it feels jittery vs blah vs just right apparently has a LOT to do with what I'm riding. So to those worried about it telling you to take too much air out, first of all, give it a go! It might work for you. Or not. Or sometimes. But now we all have an extra set of extremities to help us figure it out.

Oh and this is a no brainer for enduro and DH racers.

Also, please add a "save session" feature!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp View Post
    I think you're asking the wrong question. Here is my take after being the first customer to use my LBS's shockwiz (yay LBS!)...

I see the shockwiz as a data acquisition tool that's like a second set of hands and feet telling you whats going on with your bike. Personally I'm too distracted by the rock gardens, adrenaline, deer, scenery, etc to really know what % of the time my back tire is skipping or rolling. I know it does both and sometimes its jittery and sometimes kinda blah. Sometimes I don't notice at all and go really fast and have a ton of fun which probably means its just right.

The shockwiz notes all that stuff for me so I don't need to worry about it as much. These past few days I've noticed myself riding harder because I really want to work the suspension and see whats up. That alone has helped me out a lot. On top of that I have a log that tells me if I pogo'd or packed or bottomed out 5 times, etc. AND, I also get a few suggestions that are pretty general but are surely worth investigating because now there is this neat new toy that quantitatively tells you exactly what that adjustment did...and how it affects everything else. 2 extra clicks took my fork from mostly green to mostly yellows and reds!

Another thing many people will tell you, suspension is always a compromise. A trail that starts kinda flowy showed me everything was well adjusted and in balance. Then after a .75mi rocky decent everything was out of whack! More air, more ramp, more compression, less rebound, etc. Going back to how often it feels jittery vs blah vs just right apparently has a LOT to do with what I'm riding. So to those worried about it telling you to take too much air out, first of all, give it a go! It might work for you. Or not. Or sometimes. But now we all have an extra set of extremities to help us figure it out.

Oh and this is a no brainer for enduro and DH racers.

Also, please add a "save session" feature!!
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting the "right" question is, but I was out today (and yesterday) and did some further tweaking, not exactly consistent with where the ShockWiz was taking me. I got some very nice riding in.

I love the ShockWiz. It's super fun and interesting. But I don't necessarily think it is the be all and end all in terms of setting my suspension. Or maybe I just disagree with what the programmers believe are the optimum settings. Or maybe I just like slightly firmer settings. Or maybe this is all terrain driven. Or maybe my frame and linkage are screwy and don't really conform to any norms. Not sure.

But yeah - love the ShockWiz. I'm just not at the point of believing that it will necessarily spit out by way of suggestions what are TO ME the optimum suspension settings for my bike, the terrain I ride, my conditioning, desired speed, etc. But it sure is a lot of fun. And it helped me dial in my daughter's bike, so I am delighted about that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Is there any way to focus the bits of trail that shockwiz looks at? If I were to set one up on a usual route that involved some tarmac or fire road, would it try to alter the setting to accommodate that, when in reality, what I really want it to focus on is the fast, Rocky, droppy section where I'm working hardest.

mtbr member
    ^^^That's kinda the crux of the question I asked a number of posts ago and am still curious about: "Does the Shockwiz store suspension travel as a function of time, suspension "events", or derived suspension performance parameters, and how does this proceed as you do a test ride?"

e.g. If I ride 1/2 hour on a road to trails that I ride for an hour, and return via that 1/2 hr road ride, how is Shockwiz analyzing that data? Does the 1 hour on roads affect what the Shockwiz reports?

Of course I could start a new session at the trails, save the data after the trail ride and before the 1/2 hr ride back.
    Do the math.

Shockwiz uses all the data it sees until the buffer fills up and then it over rights old data.
    The road ride is calculated into your score. If you want a section of trail you need to restart it before riding that trail.
    Shockwiz also doesn't store suspension travel or speed, only the derived data from those events.

I trust the Shockwiz to help me dial in trails and settings, but I also don't blindly follow it. Nothing wrong with trying it's suggestions and thinking about the effects it has related to your riding style. Suspension setup is bike, rider and trail dependent. Sometimes it's worth compromisin one area for another. Overall it's made me think more about my setup and pushed me in a derection that I'm happy with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Shockwiz uses all the data it sees until the buffer fills up and then it over rights old data.
    The road ride is calculated into your score. If you want a section of trail you need to restart it before riding that trail.
    Shockwiz also doesn't store suspension travel or speed, only the derived data from those events.

I trust the Shockwiz to help me dial in trails and settings, but I also don't blindly follow it. Nothing wrong with trying it's suggestions and thinking about the effects it has related to your riding style. Suspension setup is bike, rider and trail dependent. Sometimes it's worth compromisin one area for another. Overall it's made me think more about my setup and pushed me in a derection that I'm happy with.
    This sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    If I know I'm climbing fireroads for a bit, I restart a new session after the climbs. I don't know how big the buffer is, nor when it starts to overwrite, nor how the algorithm works but I know the sections and style of trail that I want to tune for. So multiple restarts of the shockwiz during a 15-25mi ride aren't uncommon. Yeah it's a little more work, but I consider it my anti-garbage collection routine.

If you prefer your suspensino on the firmer side you won't want to go playful or aggressive. Basically the farther to the right you go, the softer shockwiz wants your setup and will continually tell you to add tokens and remove air.

I started out with playful on my pike and the shockwiz had me down to 50psi and 3 tokens, and I'm about 200lbs ready to ride. I found at those settings I hated the fork on everything but the chunkiest downhills and was having a hard time clearing technical rock/root sections on climbs that I always cleared in the past. I noticed at those settings even on fast trail I was feeling noticeable fork dive that was distracting me. Basically all those settings want the fork to be using most of it's travel aggressively, which unless you are constantly mucking with lockouts makes for a not fun ride

I ended up getting a luftkappe and settled on 70psi and 1 token, the fork stays nicely on the firmer side during trail even with the pike left wide open and it's still supple at the top, and nicely progressive.

I don't remember who's channel, but one of the youtubers was reviewing the shock wiz and had the same experience I did, it kept wanting the fork softer and with more tokens and they were finding the fork divey as well. someone from SRAM commented on the video suggesting tuning the first two options (PSI and Tokens) in Efficient, and then doing the rest of the tunning in one of the other options like playful or aggressive.

I've only played with this a little bit, as I forgot the shock wiz at home, but so far I'm liking this theory as it doesn't feel like I'm blowing travel on every little thing, but I can still do rollers, huck to flats, small pop offs etc without feeling like I'm super stiff.

The nice thing is, if Quarg/Sram keeps some focus on the shockwiz, we'll continue to see improvements via firmware, and hopefully the ability to capture a session, save to csv or json and sms/email it to ourselves.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Has anyone seen any significant improvements via firmware?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    ...I don't remember who's channel, but one of the youtubers was reviewing the shock wiz and had the same experience I did, it kept wanting the fork softer and with more tokens and they were finding the fork divey as well...
    For what it's worth, that was, precisely, my experience as well.

I have wondered whether there is a little irony involved in all of this...

Quarq designs the ShockWiz. SRAM acquires Quarq. The ShockWiz makes suggested changes to suspension settings of SRAM products in furtherance of certain objectives that the SRAM products may be incapable of achieving (or incapable of achieving without significant compromises -- including EXCESSIVE fork dive), thereby identifying shortcomings in the SRAM products.

Not saying this is the case at all. Just that the thought has gone through my mind more than once.

mtbr member
    Does riding along a relatively smooth flat section add data overwriting previous data, or is there no or very little data generated on the smooth flat section?
    Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Does riding along a relatively smooth flat section add data overwriting previous data, or is there no or very little data generated on the smooth flat section?
    The Shockwiz seems to be split 50/50 on pedal/DH. Riding on smooth will only overwrite that position of the matrix.
    The best way to use the unit is to start a new session at the point you want to capture and record it at the end of the segment. I will also take screenshots at various points along a ride to get a feel for the different portions of trail.

mtbr member
    The Shockwiz seems to be split 50/50 on pedal/DH. Riding on smooth will only overwrite that position of the matrix.
    The best way to use the unit is to start a new session at the point you want to capture and record it at the end of the segment. I will also take screenshots at various points along a ride to get a feel for the different portions of trail.
    Not that I am anything remotely close to an expert on the topic, but this is what I did. Screenshots of the home page and suggestions page at various intervals of rides, especially before fire road portions of the ride, so that the data did not become tainted by averaging in the lame stuff.

mtbr member
    Why doesn't Quarq explain this explicitly rather than users having to speculate what's going on? It'd be a more valuable tool if they did, IMO.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I love the ShockWiz. It's super fun and interesting. But I don't necessarily think it is the be all and end all in terms of setting my suspension. Or maybe I just disagree with what the programmers believe are the optimum settings. Or maybe I just like slightly firmer settings. Or maybe this is all terrain driven. Or maybe my frame and linkage are screwy and don't really conform to any norms. Not sure.
    Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. Its not about "trust" its just another tool to help you make your own decisions. The programmers make compromises just like everyone has to in suspension. They were nice enough to give us 4 targets ranging from XC to DH but there are infinite points on that scale and the "best" is going to be different for every rider on any given trail.

If you have a few yellows on "playful" (like I did) but are riding fast and the bike feels good, then you're done! I think the detections might be more helpful than recommendations once you've done a few runs. If you're close but not really sure and it picks up 10 bottom out events then you know what to do.

On a different topic, I had it for 4 days and that was probably the worst amount of time to use it. I got a basic setup on a normal trail (not too rocky or too smooth) on the first run. Probably a fine setting for everything I ride. But the ideal setup changes for every trail and I didn't have time to characterize everything else. So I know what works well enough (done in 30 min) but I also know that there is a different ideal setup for each trail but don't know what it is!

Its probably best to use it real quick to get a good starting point or really dive in for a few weeks to fully understand how everything is related. The middle ground may leave more questions than answers...

mtbr member
    So i used the shockwiz on my sb6c evol x for the first time. I have a medium spacer in it. Open setting at 1. Sag 35%

How do i adjust the compression suggestion? Smaller spacer? I also want ro get sag ro 30% so if i add psi to do so how will that affect?

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    you should adjust the rebound damping and retest with the wiz before making changes to compression damping.

you can make compression damping firmer by using the open mode adjuster (turn it up), or if that doesnt work, try running the blue lever in the medium position.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_joe View Post
    you should adjust the rebound damping and retest with the wiz before making changes to compression damping.

you can make compression damping firmer by using the open mode adjuster (turn it up), or if that doesnt work, try running the blue lever in the medium position.
    Thx

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    has someone already tryed with a manitou mattoc and a mcleoud?
    thx!

mtbr member

Did like you said and adjusted rebound only and viola!!

Best ill get from a evol x...

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nice! Youre right on the money. I was amazed at how much better my bike rode after tuning in the shock with this gadget. Even after i thought i had it set up pretty well, much better now.

mtbr member
    Nice! Youre right on the money. I was amazed at how much better my bike rode after tuning in the shock with this gadget. Even after i thought i had it set up pretty well, much better now.
    Yeah me also. Shock feels different. Ill get to get use to riding it with this settings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hi all quick question,

Just acquired a shockwiz and mounted it to my CTD fork.

I was under the impression that it didnt matter which way the hoses were connected between the fork and shockwiz.

On my unit I can only attach the hose assembly to one of the air inflation valves and not both without letting all the air out of my fork.

Is this normal or do I have a defective unit ?

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchief View Post
    Hi all quick question,

Just acquired a shockwiz and mounted it to my CTD fork.

I was under the impression that it didnt matter which way the hoses were connected between the fork and shockwiz.

On my unit I can only attach the hose assembly to one of the air inflation valves and not both without letting all the air out of my fork.

Is this normal or do I have a defective unit ?

Thank you.
    One end connects to the fork other to one of the ports in the shockwiz. Shockwiz port not used keeps the air cap on it..

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    One end connects to the fork other to one of the ports in the shockwiz. Shockwiz port not used keeps the air cap on it..

Does this mean I can use either connector on the shockwiz to connect to the fork and shock pump, or is it only on one connection
    ?

mtbr member
    You can use either end. But, I had a leaking valve on one side of the Shockwiz. If I attached the other side to the shock, the leaking valve would let all the air out. I pulled the Schrader core, cleaned it, stuck it back in and it quit leaking.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchief View Post
    Does this mean I can use either connector on the shockwiz to connect to the fork and shock pump, or is it only on one connection
    ?
    do you have the direct mount version or the standard version? the direct mount is mountable on one side only. the standard one goes either way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    do you have the direct mount version or the standard version? the direct mount is mountable on one side only. the standard one goes either way.
    I have the standard mount. I will try Lone Rager suggestion.

Tks.

mtbr member
    I broke down and ordered a Shockwiz last night. I don't care nears as much about whether it will improve my suspension setup as I do knowing how close my feel for suspension setup is. Then too, I'm just a numbers/details geek. So I look forward to playing with this toy in hope that I can learn something from it.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRBent View Post
    I broke down and ordered a Shockwiz last night. I don't care nears as much about whether it will improve my suspension setup as I do knowing how close my feel for suspension setup is. Then too, I'm just a numbers/details geek. So I look forward to playing with this toy in hope that I can learn something from it.
    Awesome. Congrats, and have fun. It truly is an interesting, informative, fun, and easy to use device. If I weren't in the market for a new shock, fork and bike (lmao), I would spring for one too.

mtbr member
    Awesome. Congrats, and have fun. It truly is an interesting, informative, fun, and easy to use device. If I weren't in the market for a new shock, fork and bike (lmao), I would spring for one too.
    For me, suspension cares started when I couldn't get my rear shock to play well. It was either too soft and bottomed out when set to handle rock gardens and HSC stuff, or too stiff and bouncing me offline in the HSC sections if set so that it didn't bottom out on the jumps. So I studied up and opted for a DVO Topaz rear shock. That darn thing made my 150MM Pike RC feel a bit stiff so I dropped a Vorsprung Luftkappe inside the fork. Now I'm smoothing over the ugliest stuff I can find and loving it.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    For me, suspension cares started when I couldn't get my rear shock to play well. It was either too soft and bottomed out when set to handle rock gardens and HSC stuff, or too stiff and bouncing me offline in the HSC sections if set so that it didn't bottom out on the jumps. So I studied up and opted for a DVO Topaz rear shock. That darn thing made my 150MM Pike RC feel a bit stiff so I dropped a Vorsprung Luftkappe inside the fork. Now I'm smoothing over the ugliest stuff I can find and loving it.
    Awesome you found a solution to your suspension woes. I am still on the cusp of springing for a CCDB Coil CS and the Luftkappe. The other alternative is hammering my current bike until a carbon Process is released and then using the $$$ I would have spent on the suspension upgrades, to start over with a Process.

mtbr member
    I'm really pleased with the Luftkappe. The DVO Topaz and DVO as a company is a match made in heaven for home mechanics. While all suspension components require maintenance, DVO will gladly talk you through something as deep as shim stack adjustment. I doubt any other manufacturer will offer that kind of support. It's dirt simple to change the damper oil in the Topaz too. I did that last week, going with Red Line 2.5W Extra Light. I opted to try a less viscous oil despite Ronnie at DVO telling me to just call him on shim stack work when I got inside.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Shockwiz confirmed I was spot on with my fork, but my shock was WAY out. For both reasons, it has been very helpful

mtbr member
    Shockwiz confirmed I was spot on with my fork, but my shock was WAY out. For both reasons, it has been very helpful
    So which fork and what settings for your weight? I'm super happy with my fork after the Luftkappe. My DVO Topaz is heads and shoulders above my old Fox Float Evolution shock and I can't wait to know what the Shockwiz thinks about my setup. One of the lbs mechanics who's also one of the area's best riders told me he had his suspension dialed to his liking and expected it to be good. The Shockwiz agreed although it suggested a tad lighter damping. He said it was as light as it could be. Although we didn't discuss if he'd tweaked shim stacks already or he was just talk I about the knob adjustments were as far as they'd go.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So which fork and what settings for your weight? I'm super happy with my fork after the Luftkappe. My DVO Topaz is heads and shoulders above my old Fox Float Evolution shock and I can't wait to know what the Shockwiz thinks about my setup. One of the lbs mechanics who's also one of the area's best riders told me he had his suspension dialed to his liking and expected it to be good. The Shockwiz agreed although it suggested a tad lighter damping. He said it was as light as it could be. Although we didn't discuss if he'd tweaked shim stacks already or he was just talk I about the knob adjustments were as far as they'd go.
    Riders weight: 72kg
    65psi (at shock pump)-> (72.0/1.12) = 64.3 on Shockwiz
    Lyrik 27.5 160mm (Rockshox fast rebound tune)
    Rebound: 1 click from fully slow
    LSC: none
    Shockwiz-untitled.jpg

mtbr member
    Bought a normal Shockwiz online from CRC but was given a Direct Mount version. Really pissed off! Need to courier back via international shipment, not forgetting the wait and import duties payment. Looks like have to wait few more weeks again! Argh...!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ideal world View Post
    has someone already tryed with a manitou mattoc and a mcleoud?
    thx!
    Won't work with the Mattoc due to the design of the air spring, but should be fine with the McLeod.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Bought a normal Shockwiz online from CRC but was given a Direct Mount version. Really pissed off! Need to courier back via international shipment, not forgetting the wait and import duties payment. Looks like have to wait few more weeks again! Argh...!

By chance did you ask them about cross shipping? They offer free returns and supplying them with tracking on the shipment they developed should suffice as proof that you're really returning the product they screwed up. Once they have confirmation that their package is on the way back they should be nice enough to send out the proper item.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Won't work with the Mattoc due to the design of the air spring, but should be fine with the McLeod.
    I can verify this (the Mattoc part)... I've tried it. Fork just loses all resistance/pressure and collapses.
    2017 Nicolai G13
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9.9
    2016 Evil The Following

mtbr member
    By chance did you ask them about cross shipping? They offer free returns and supplying them with tracking on the shipment they developed should suffice as proof that you're really returning the product they screwed up. Once they have confirmation that their package is on the way back they should be nice enough to send out the proper item.
    CRC has a standard process to return the item without involving their customer service. Their online customer service only has option for non-delivery or partial delivery. Absolutely no option to contact them if they sent you the wrong item.
    Well, let's see what they can do when they received the tracking number. I am not hopeful!

mtbr member
    CRC has a standard process to return the item without involving their customer service. Their online customer service only has option for non-delivery or partial delivery. Absolutely no option to contact them if they sent you the wrong item.
    Well, let's see what they can do when they received the tracking number. I am not hopeful!

I've only returned one item to them and didn't care how soon they got it, nor did I need a replacement item. I ordered two stems, same model just different lengths, with an idea that the 35mm length was my desired length. Once I confirmed it, I sent the longer back.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    I've only returned one item to them and didn't care how soon they got it, nor did I need a replacement item. I ordered two stems, same model just different lengths, with an idea that the 35mm length was my desired length. Once I confirmed it, I sent the longer back.
    That is a good plan.

Well, getting a replacement item is different story. They screwed up, and we have to wait, in addition to the cost and effort to return the item.

mtbr member
    I hate that this happened to you. I know what it's like thinking the next toy will arrive soon. But something goes wrong and delays the fun. I recently received a small Bluetooth speaker that I could wear on my backpack while riding. It never made the first ride and had to be returned. Its replacement has made 2 rides now much more enjoyable. My Shockwiz is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Hopefully yours won't take too long. Oh, I'd give em hell and see if they won't at least give you a credit on this purchase, a gift card, or a future discount.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Will do just that! Thanks mate

mtbr member
    My Shockwiz just arrived and the first thing I did was compare pressure readings between it, my Lezyne Shock Digital Drive floor pump and a second digital gauge that reads to the tenths place. I connected my pump to one side of the Shockwiz and my digital gauge to the other side. The Shockwiz was reading 0.4psi while the other two read 0. But as I increased the pressure I found the Shockwiz to stay on track with my Lezyne within 1psi. Once I was up to @ 200psi things still looked good but the small digital gauge read 2-3psi higher than the Shockwiz and my pump. So if this holds true once on the shock I should see my pump and the Shockwiz reading really close.
    Last edited by IRBent; 07-03-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I've noticed variation in suggestions based on terrain. Did a less technical ride today with a lot of gravel roads and everything was yellow having been almost all green 2 days ago on a much more technical ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbonvallet View Post
    I've noticed variation in suggestions based on terrain. Did a less technical ride today with a lot of gravel roads and everything was yellow having been almost all green 2 days ago on a much more technical ride.
    So long as the yellow was saying that you needed to soften your suspension all is well.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    I have been using the shockwiz since 5/20/17 and I love it!!! However ***Warning*** Do Not Leave Shockwiz attached to your bike sitting in the sun for extended periods.... Example: I took my bike to work and left shockwiz attached all day sitting in the sun on my bike rack. When I got to the trail that evening Shockwiz started reading crazy random numbers. It never recovered had to warranty it. No problems from sram sent an email they asked a couple question. Sent me a return label and sent me a new one it was that simple.
    Camber Expert Carbon EVO Salsa Carbon Bucksaw

mtbr member
    My Shockwiz experience:
    Me: 6'3 195lbs
    Bike: Salsa Bucksaw
    shock: RS Monarch RTC
    Fork: Bluto 120mm

Bluto Setup Balanced:
    Shockwiz-sw1.jpgShockwiz-sw2.jpgShockwiz-sw3.jpg

I actually settled on 60 psi and 3 tokens. The trail I was tuning the fork on was not an aggressive trail. All I can say is that it was very surprised at the psi. However the biggest surprise was how well the bike performed after the changes. I have since taken the bike to quite a few aggressive trails and the bike has just shined.
    I found it better to tune the bike on an aggressive trail with good climbs, descent and at least 1 rock garden. I can reach 100% confidence in a short distance on an aggressive trail.

Suggestion for tuning:
    1. Start with Air pressure No tokens and everything else set to 0. Do not make any other changes until air pressure reads green.
    2. Move on to tokens, adding tokens automatically means subtracting air pressure. I found on my bluto it was about 10lbs per token.
    3. Rebound, only after 1 and 2 are green

My thoughts on the shockwiz:
    Buying one definitely not necessary but really nice luxury if you can. Renting one is probably the better option. Choose a good rough trail to do your tuning. The rougher the trail the quicker you will get enough confidence reading to make a adjustments 85% or better is good enough for your first adjustment. After that it should be at 95 - 100% confidence for all other fine tuning.

Who benefits from this tool? A newbie great tool for learning about suspension, riders who have lost confidence in their bike is it the bike or your tune, riders considering new forks or shocks can definitely help you understand what you are looking for in a new shock, anyone who just wants to know if their shocks are working correctly.

No amount of tuning will make you love a shock you already hate. If you are not a RS, Fox or whatever shock is on your bike person. You will just end up with a well tuned shock you hate.

The best bike = (sum of it's components)/(owners love for said components)

Wish this was around a few years ago!!!!
    Camber Expert Carbon EVO Salsa Carbon Bucksaw

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Suggestion Confusion

Stupid question, which after reading most of the posts here, seems like no one else is confused about.

In the suggestions page, when the slider is on the left side of let's say the "Baseline Air Pressure" bar, do I add air to bring it towards the right side ("Add Air" side)? Or do I remove air being that the slider is on the "Remove Air" side of the bar.

Basically, if I want to move the slider to the right, do I add air, compression damping, rebound damping, etc or remove? And vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VladConnery View Post
    My Shockwiz experience:
    Me: 6'3 195lbs
    Bike: Salsa Bucksaw
    shock: RS Monarch RTC
    Fork: Bluto 120mm

Bluto Setup Balanced:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	1144967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	1144968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	1144969

I actually settled on 60 psi and 3 tokens. The trail I was tuning the fork on was not an aggressive trail. All I can say is that it was very surprised at the psi. However the biggest surprise was how well the bike performed after the changes. I have since taken the bike to quite a few aggressive trails and the bike has just shined.
    I found it better to tune the bike on an aggressive trail with good climbs, descent and at least 1 rock garden. I can reach 100% confidence in a short distance on an aggressive trail.

Suggestion for tuning:
    1. Start with Air pressure No tokens and everything else set to 0. Do not make any other changes until air pressure reads green.
    2. Move on to tokens, adding tokens automatically means subtracting air pressure. I found on my bluto it was about 10lbs per token.
    3. Rebound, only after 1 and 2 are green

My thoughts on the shockwiz:
    Buying one definitely not necessary but really nice luxury if you can. Renting one is probably the better option. Choose a good rough trail to do your tuning. The rougher the trail the quicker you will get enough confidence reading to make a adjustments 85% or better is good enough for your first adjustment. After that it should be at 95 - 100% confidence for all other fine tuning.

Who benefits from this tool? A newbie great tool for learning about suspension, riders who have lost confidence in their bike is it the bike or your tune, riders considering new forks or shocks can definitely help you understand what you are looking for in a new shock, anyone who just wants to know if their shocks are working correctly.

No amount of tuning will make you love a shock you already hate. If you are not a RS, Fox or whatever shock is on your bike person. You will just end up with a well tuned shock you hate.

The best bike = (sum of it's components)/(owners love for said components)

Wish this was around a few years ago!!!!
    Great comments..

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by john85D View Post
    Stupid question, which after reading most of the posts here, seems like no one else is confused about.

In the suggestions page, when the slider is on the left side of let's say the "Baseline Air Pressure" bar, do I add air to bring it towards the right side ("Add Air" side)? Or do I remove air being that the slider is on the "Remove Air" side of the bar.

Basically, if I want to move the slider to the right, do I add air, compression damping, rebound damping, etc or remove? And vice versa.

Thanks in advance.
    Not a stupid question at all I had wondered the same thing but experimenting has taught me that if the slider is to the left it requires you to remove air

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by john85D View Post

Thanks in advance.
    If the slider is on the left, you would remove air to bring the slider towards middle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Anyone else experience this sleeping issue I have.
    Every now and again my shockwhizz just refuses to wake up now matter how much I bash the thing, eg even after a ride full of rockgardens jumps and dropoffs it will remain sound asleep.and I need to remove and reinstall the battery to bring it back to life. What I think is happening is that the battery can sometimes move and therefore lose contact and has to be physically pushed back into place, which is a pain.
    Anyone else strike a similar issue or got any suggestions as to how to hold the battery in place more securely. I am reluctant to use loctite or superglue as I dont want to impact on potential warranty

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone else experience this sleeping issue I have.
    Every now and again my shockwhizz just refuses to wake up now matter how much I bash the thing, eg even after a ride full of rockgardens jumps and dropoffs it will remain sound asleep.and I need to remove and reinstall the battery to bring it back to life. What I think is happening is that the battery can sometimes move and therefore lose contact and has to be physically pushed back into place, which is a pain.
    Anyone else strike a similar issue or got any suggestions as to how to hold the battery in place more securely. I am reluctant to use loctite or superglue as I dont want to impact on potential warranty
    see my post from 3 weeks ago (post 505)

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    see my post from 3 weeks ago (post 505)
    Yes I thought I was doing that and yes it works for maybe 3 or 4 rides then somehow just switches off and wont wake up. In saying that I have never had it fall asleep on a ride, its just that it occasionally wont wake up after being left standing for a day or two so I really dont know whats going on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes I thought I was doing that and yes it works for maybe 3 or 4 rides then somehow just switches off and wont wake up. In saying that I have never had it fall asleep on a ride, its just that it occasionally wont wake up after being left standing for a day or two so I really dont know whats going on.
    Sounds like you are good case for contacting Quarq. Might need to send it back to be assessed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Not a stupid question at all I had wondered the same thing but experimenting has taught me that if the slider is to the left it requires you to remove air
    Thanks guys!! Big help!

mtbr member

Shockwiz Results - SC Bronson DVO Topaz

I finally got to test my Shockwiz out on my rear suspension that I setup based on gut instinct and feel. My first run yesterday ended with a tune score of 92 at 100% confidence. But the Shockwiz also agreed with me that the compression damping was a bit too firm and suggested that both the high and low speed compression be made softer as well as the bottom out resistance be reduced. I knew if my compression was made lighter the bottom out resistance would be effected so I only concerned myself with the compression damping on today's run. I dropped 5psi off of the oil bladder on my DVO Topaz and ran the very same trails again. At the end of the run my tune score improved from 92 yesterday up to 96 today with the 100% confidence level still intact. The Shockwiz suggestions page improved as well with only one of the last 3 categories claiming I need to make adjustments. The low speed compression was still in the yellow just like yesterday, claiming that I needed to make it softer, but the high speed compression and bottom out resistance had both moved into the green. It might be tough getting that last bit tweaked out but I'll give it a stab and see what happens.Shockwiz-end-ride-home-score.jpgShockwiz-end-ride-home-suggestions.jpg
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 818