Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 1,201 to 1,294 of 1294

Thread: Shockwiz

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post

Overall, I like it. I was pretty close on my fork and itís still asking me to add another spacer and I had about 5psi too much air....that would be 5 (the max allowed in the Fox 34). Likely because of me being 260lbs? Iíll redo it again before adding another spacer and then on to the shock.

Glad I bought it..it will be fun to play around with and make it a lot easier and quicker to setup a new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I wouldnt be chainging anything in the setup. If I were you I would be riding it as is again but doing some more jumps. You only did 2. More will give a far more definitive answer specifally in answer to the spacer/air adjusmtnets. My point is you might find they actually become green and all is actuall spot on now, you (and your Shockwix) doesnt yet know it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    I wouldnt be chainging anything in the setup. If I were you I would be riding it as is again but doing some more jumps. You only did 2. More will give a far more definitive answer specifally in answer to the spacer/air adjusmtnets. My point is you might find they actually become green and all is actuall spot on now, you (and your Shockwix) doesnt yet know it.
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking same thing. The next set of trails I will ride have 2 flowy jump lines with doubles and tabletops (these are small ones...not a bike park)...then the latter half of the same trail has the typical singletrack with some roots and stuff. I can bottom the fork pretty easily if I dont clear the table tops (even with 4 spacers), but I am guessing I will need to compromise on my settings and what I want the fork to do on the trails...its asking a lot of a Fox 34 to be all green in all areas and then handle 2 ft drops and tabletops, etc with 260lbs on board But thats what will make the shock wiz cool to mess around with I think.

I should have a pretty good idea where I am at after that (I went to ride those trails today and the park was closed for a management deer hunt so I had to switch gears a bit). But, I like the SW...pretty cool little tool and fun to work with I think
    2017 Ibis Ripley LS Factory X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi everyone, while riding the little retaining ring holding the hose connector together fell out. Does anyone know the size of a replacement ring? I'm not too keen to spend 50 euro for a replacement kit.

The hoses are a real weakness of the shockwiz. Has anyone experimented with different hoses? Preferably more flexible ones like you have on the fox shock pumps?

mtbr member
    Got the ShockWiz yesterday and hit the trails today. Calibrated it beforehand and it said my CR was 2.7...thatís with 4 spacers in the Fox 34...after riding a varied loop for about a mile I checked it and I was close....

[

You may need to recalibrate the Shockwiz as the -7% travel is out of the range for quality results. I seem to recall the info stating the travel % needed to be +/- 3% max.

I agree with one of the previous comments too that a single ride or two is insufficient to get a definitive answer. I found using my Shockwiz for several months that testing on the same trails gave varied results depending on air temps, the line I chose, my mood which determined how aggressive or how well I rode, and more. So a few rides on a 1 mile loop is far from a tell all. Decide what you want to tune to, such as, my suspension doesn't handle this too well but everything else is good. So ride what it doesn't handle well and/or tune to the ugliest trails. When the Shockwiz tells you REPEATEDLY with 100% confidence that your scores are in the 90's with an occasional 100, you'll know your suspension is as close to perfect as it will get without internal component mods.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by IRBent View Post
    You may need to recalibrate the Shockwiz as the -7% travel is out of the range for quality results. I seem to recall the info stating the travel % needed to be +/- 3% max.

I agree with one of the previous comments too that a single ride or two is insufficient to get a definitive answer. I found using my Shockwiz for several months that testing on the same trails gave varied results depending on air temps, the line I chose, my mood which determined how aggressive or how well I rode, and more. So a few rides on a 1 mile loop is far from a tell all. Decide what you want to tune to, such as, my suspension doesn't handle this too well but everything else is good. So ride what it doesn't handle well and/or tune to the ugliest trails. When the Shockwiz tells you REPEATEDLY with 100% confidence that your scores are in the 90's with an occasional 100, you'll know your suspension is as close to perfect as it will get without internal component mods.
    Hmmm...I didnít notice the -7%. Thanks for catching that!! All good info!

mtbr member
    Hmmm...I didnít notice the -7%. Thanks for catching that!! All good info!

Yeah, a negative sag percent means your calibration never reached full extension. During testing it apparently did reach full extension, causing a negative travel result. 7% of say 150mm fork means your travel distance was off by .07*150=10.5mm. In English measurements, that's over 3/8" (inch). If you don't think 3/8" is a lot, just ask my wife. LOL
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    I can use the ShockWiz with this?:

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...eluxe-coil-rct

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    No.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok....My shockwiz has my Low Speed Rebound yellow towards the "slow down" side.

This is on my cane creek rear shock which calls each direction of the dial "plush" and "firm".

Is plush or firm going to slow down the LSR?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbar314 View Post
    Ok....My shockwiz has my Low Speed Rebound yellow towards the "slow down" side.

This is on my cane creek rear shock which calls each direction of the dial "plush" and "firm".

Is plush or firm going to slow down the LSR?
    I would think slowing down your rebound would make things firmer. Typically this requires your adjuster to be turned clockwise.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I would think slowing down your rebound would make things firmer. Typically this requires your adjuster to be turned clockwise.
    was about to write similar

mtbr member
    was about to write similar
    Yeah, basically it's like closing a valve. The more you close the valve the slower the flow has to be. The slower the oil moves through the opening, the slower your shock rebounds.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah, basically it's like closing a valve. The more you close the valve the slower the flow has to be. The slower the oil moves through the opening, the slower your shock rebounds.
    Awesome, that makes sense. I was thinking that this would do it but that description helps seal the deal. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Do you upload a profile b4 a ride to set the travel and CR of the particular suspension component you want to tune? And then do you download it after your ride with a new name so that you can review it at your convenience?

Do you set your travel for your shock for the suspension travel, or just the shock travel?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Will shockwiz work with Super Deluxe - https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...er-deluxe-rc3?
    Evil The Following MB 2017
    Canondale Scalpel Team 2015
    Kona Raijin 2014 SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by we78 View Post
    Will shockwiz work with Super Deluxe - https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...er-deluxe-rc3?
    Yes it will work fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Shockwiz

Finally got back out on the trail (closed due to weather) and redid the shock wiz. This was old school singletrack so not many jumps, but the fork is close. I used all but 7-10mm of travel (no big jumps on these trails). Aside from reducing air pressure a bit (I bet I could of dropped another 1-2 lbs and brought up the hsc reading?). I was right on with rebound and spacers (running 4 as Iím a bigger guy). The rear will be interesting as I have a trek with reAktiv rear shock...

mtbr member
    Finally got back out on the trail (closed due to weather) and redid the shock wiz. This was old school singletrack so not many jumps, but the fork is close. I used all but 7-10mm of travel (no big jumps on these trails). Aside from reducing air pressure a bit (I bet I could of dropped another 1-2 lbs and brought up the hsc reading?). I was right on with rebound and spacers (running 4 as Iím a bigger guy). The rear will be interesting as I have a trek with reAktiv rear shock...

The way I read your results it's asking you to make the HSC softer, which would require the fork to move more freely on high speed events. I see too your dynamic sag is at 17%, so I'd drop a few PSI and ride the same run several more times to get a good idea of where you're at.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member

Shockwiz

Seems like this might be a good tool to rent out.
    Significant deposit for risk. ďProfileĒ your potential users. Charge them like 1/4 of the purchase price.
    Reasonable proposition?
    Iíd pay that for that. 🤷🏻*♂️ LOL apple emoticon translation

Sent from my iFern using Tapatalk while not riding, dammit!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
    Do you upload a profile b4 a ride to set the travel and CR of the particular suspension component you want to tune? And then do you download it after your ride with a new name so that you can review it at your convenience?

Do you set your travel for your shock for the suspension travel, or just the shock travel?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Typically for your first profile, you would create one and then set up all of your details like the fork travel (mm), rebound/comp. clicks, etc. Then you would do your ride and when you are ready to record the results, you would go back to that profile and click the button to download the data form the SHockWiz (looks like a shockwiz with the arrow pointing downwards). This will then populate the profile with your results data.

On your next ride, assuming you hit the same trail, you would clone the profile into a new one (file copy icon), make any adjustments and update the settings accordingly. You would then do your ride and download the data agin at the end.

If you continue to create profiles each time you ride, you will now have a log of results to refer to. This is how I use the Profile feature. I have set up profiles for different trails, so now I can simply update my fork settings based on the profile when I go back to that particular trail.

And I'm happy to report I've achieved the elusive 100 score on my Pike:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwiz-shockwiz-perfect-100-tuning-score.jpg  

ShockWiz Rentals available at FeelTheBerm.com! Into Vintage? Check out my Rock Shox Judy XC/SL/FSX Decal Sets

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Noclutch View Post
    Seems like this might be a good tool to rent out.
    Significant deposit for risk. ďProfileĒ your potential users. Charge them like 1/4 of the purchase price.
    Reasonable proposition?
    Iíd pay that for that. 路*♂️ LOL apple emoticon translation

Sent from my iFern using Tapatalk while not riding, dammit!
    I rent them out. No deposit! Just a hardcore rental agreement. ;-)

Only $100 for a week, for 2 devices. Tune front and rear during the same ride.

Check out www.FeelTheBerm.com for more info or to reserve.
    ShockWiz Rentals available at FeelTheBerm.com! Into Vintage? Check out my Rock Shox Judy XC/SL/FSX Decal Sets

mtbr member
    Today I went to try the ShockWiz with the fork to configure some things, and when I turned on the APP told me that it has not connected correctly with the ShockWiz and I need to short-circuit it to be able to connect correctly, is this normal?.

Still, I disconnected the ShockWiz from the APP and I reconnected again and don't receive anything alert and hasn't given me problems.

Anyway, I've done this just in case: https://shockwiz.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...Reboot-Process

What could this small problem have been due to?

Thanks!.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Has anyone been able to update the latest v5.0 firmware that was just released? Mine seems to be stuck on "downloading" with no further progress. Can anyone comment on any bug fixes or new features in it?

Update: Tried a different phone and they're updating now. Checking for anything new...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    Has anyone been able to update the latest v5.0 firmware that was just released? Mine seems to be stuck on "downloading" with no further progress. Can anyone comment on any bug fixes or new features in it?

Update: Tried a different phone and they're updating now. Checking for anything new...
    Please do report back. I've not used my Shockwiz since maybe last summer or fall.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    Typically for your first profile, you would create one and then set up all of your details like the fork travel (mm), rebound/comp. clicks, etc. Then you would do your ride and when you are ready to record the results, you would go back to that profile and click the button to download the data form the SHockWiz (looks like a shockwiz with the arrow pointing downwards). This will then populate the profile with your results data.

On your next ride, assuming you hit the same trail, you would clone the profile into a new one (file copy icon), make any adjustments and update the settings accordingly. You would then do your ride and download the data agin at the end.

If you continue to create profiles each time you ride, you will now have a log of results to refer to. This is how I use the Profile feature. I have set up profiles for different trails, so now I can simply update my fork settings based on the profile when I go back to that particular trail.

And I'm happy to report I've achieved the elusive 100 score on my Pike:
    i tried shockwiz on my fox x2 a few times and it said to increase volume spacers, but i already have a max of 3 spacers installed. have you seen this before?
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Please do report back. I've not used my Shockwiz since maybe last summer or fall.
    So far, all I can see is that the status LED now blinks green vs red.

I was hoping there would be a way to zero out the ambient air pressure reading on the unit, but I don't see anything like that.

Edit: Actually, this may be new for the app, but there is a new Custom Tune mode, so that you can define the stiffness and liveliness to your own personal preferences now:

https://www.quarq.com/shockwiz-custo...11kq11a4lhkutl

Seems there is no Efficient and Aggressive modes anymore Ė only Balanced and Playful. To get the Efficient and Aggressive back, you need to tune those in Custom Tune mode now:

For Efficient, choose 'Firmest' and 'Planted'
    For Aggressive, chose 'Softest' and 'Poppy'

They are now defining Balanced vs Playful, too:

Balanced Ė Provides an overall compromise between traction, suppleness and pedaling efficiency. Balanced serves as a great baseline tune and is a favorite with ShockWiz users.

Playful Ė Allows for a perfect combination of traction, suppleness, and pedaling efficiency but with a livelier feel to give the bike Ďpopí.

I've only used ShockWiz in Balanced and have gotten pretty great results, but after reading their definitions above, I may try for Playful now.

Interesting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by useport80 View Post
    i tried shockwiz on my fox x2 a few times and it said to increase volume spacers, but i already have a max of 3 spacers installed. have you seen this before?
    If everything else is green, then you may have hit the limits of the shock itself.

If not, I would try adding more Air pressure, with the 3 bands installed, then see what results you get.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I ran into an interesting problem with my shock wiz. I'd had it off the bike for half a season and just put it back on when I was planning on riding Santa Cruz. The shockwiz and the app are both up to date, when I log in I can connect to the shockwiz and it sees the air pressure and the % of travel used.

However no matter how many times I tell it to start a new session, it always acts like I haven't done any riding. I've tried full loops where I've basically bottomed out my fork and when I look at the shockwiz immediately afterwards it still shows 0 confidence and to start riding.

Has anyone run into this before?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    I ran into an interesting problem with my shock wiz. I'd had it off the bike for half a season and just put it back on when I was planning on riding Santa Cruz. The shockwiz and the app are both up to date, when I log in I can connect to the shockwiz and it sees the air pressure and the % of travel used.

However no matter how many times I tell it to start a new session, it always acts like I haven't done any riding. I've tried full loops where I've basically bottomed out my fork and when I look at the shockwiz immediately afterwards it still shows 0 confidence and to start riding.

You're scaring me. I haven't used mine in maybe 6 months and just updated the firmware this evening. Maybe mine will work once I put it back on the bike.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Tomorrow I will try the ShockWiz on my bike with the new version.

mtbr member
    Any idea on the changes the new version incorporated? I've installed it but yet to use it myself.
    Yesterday I tried the new version of ShockWiz and it worked perfectly without problems

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    Yesterday I tried the new version of ShockWiz and it worked perfectly without problems
    Any idea on the changes the new version incorporated? I've installed it but yet to use it myself.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Yesterday I was tried that the new version works well. You have more settings for the fork, now you can make more adjustments than before.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018

Tuning Help

Hi

I'm after some advice on how to tune my shock. It's a Fox Float Factory 140mm on a 2017 Giant Trance. I'm running the new firearm on balanced mode.

The Shockwiz is telling me to soften my high speed compression. But my dynamic sag is at 30%, and if I reduce the baseline air pressure the Shockwiz tells me to add air. The compression adjuster is already on open mode. Low speed compression is also saying to reduce slightly, but that's on the softest of the three setting already.

Low speed rebound says to slow down slightly, but that's not available on my shock. HIgh speed rebound is in the green.

Any ideas on my options here?

Shockwiz-screenshot_20180224-211519.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by amtiskaw View Post
    Hi

I'm after some advice on how to tune my shock. It's a Fox Float Factory 140mm on a 2017 Giant Trance. I'm running the new firearm on balanced mode.

The Shockwiz is telling me to soften my high speed compression. But my dynamic sag is at 30%, and if I reduce the baseline air pressure the Shockwiz tells me to add air. The compression adjuster is already on open mode. Low speed compression is also saying to reduce slightly, but that's on the softest of the three setting already.

Low speed rebound says to slow down slightly, but that's not available on my shock. HIgh speed rebound is in the green.

Any ideas on my options here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180224-211519.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	1184591
    Drop psi by 1-2 psi and see if that brings it inline

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I'll give it a try this weekend. I dropped by 13 psi (5%) the last time, as per the recommendations, so I'll try smaller increments.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've just started using my Shockwiz yesterday. Only for about an hour so may be a bit early to make any judgements. One thing that seems odd to me is the one size fits all approach from the shockwiz. It is probably a decision by SRAM but why don't they have profiles in the software for specific forks/dampers that would give more specific advice for the characteristics fo that particular fork? I know time and budget probably have a lot to do with it but it would make a lot more sense. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tee View Post
    I've just started using my Shockwiz yesterday. Only for about an hour so may be a bit early to make any judgements. One thing that seems odd to me is the one size fits all approach from the shockwiz. It is probably a decision by SRAM but why don't they have profiles in the software for specific forks/dampers that would give more specific advice for the characteristics fo that particular fork? I know time and budget probably have a lot to do with it but it would make a lot more sense. Any thoughts?
    I had the same thoughts. From the user's perspective it could provide a quicker setup. From SRAM's end.. the database of results would be invaluable.

Maybe.. that's where SRAMid is headed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWeetBix View Post
    I had the same thoughts. From the user's perspective it could provide a quicker setup. From SRAM's end.. the database of results would be invaluable.

As a Fox36/floatX2 user I hope they wouldn't limit it to just SRAM products

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tee View Post
    As a Fox36/floatX2 user I hope they wouldn't limit it to just SRAM products
    That would be a stupid move. How better way to keep an eye on competitor performance than crowd source it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWeetBix View Post

If the setup had you enter rider weight, bike year and model, as well as shock or fork year/model, then the app phone home or allow users to upload results, indeed a massive database could be built.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Could use some advice from the group.

Tuning a CCDB Air and having some trouble getting it dialed in.

Getting a harsh feel when hitting roots,rocks,drops.
    All the data is green except for HSC that still shows max as make softer.

I have my HSC adjustment maxed out full soft already and cant seem to get any changes.

Any suggestions?

This is set with the new firmware as Neutral-Poppy

Sag at 27% with no spacers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwiz-shockwiz.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie View Post
    Could use some advice from the group.

Tuning a CCDB Air and having some trouble getting it dialed in.

Getting a harsh feel when hitting roots,rocks,drops.
    All the data is green except for HSC that still shows max as make softer.

I have my HSC adjustment maxed out full soft already and cant seem to get any changes.

Any suggestions?

This is set with the new firmware as Neutral-Poppy
    Try lowering the air pressure by 5lbs and start over. If it gets you closer keep lowering pressure slowly until you get there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have a similar issue to Mechie. I'm using a friend's Shockwize to check my tune on my 2018 Fox 36 RC2, which generally feels pretty good. I have tuning style set to Neutral - Planted.

It's all green except it wants HSC slightly softer and LSC slightly firmer (100% confidence).

I'm already running HSC wide open and LSC 3 clicks from open. It's my understanding though from some of the Vorsprung videos that increasing LSC will also affect HSC.

So what should I actually do? Lower pressure, add a token, and add a click of LSC? I'm already running pretty low PSI (62) for my weight (165 without gear).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I have a similar issue to Mechie. I'm using a friend's Shockwize to check my tune on my 2018 Fox 36 RC2, which generally feels pretty good. I have tuning style set to Neutral - Planted.

It's all green except it wants HSC slightly softer and LSC slightly firmer (100% confidence).

I'm already running HSC wide open and LSC 3 clicks from open. It's my understanding though from some of the Vorsprung videos that increasing LSC will also affect HSC.

So what should I actually do? Lower pressure, add a token, and add a click of LSC? I'm already running pretty low PSI (62) for my weight (165 without gear).
    I would suggest riding without making any changes but keep track of every detail Shockwiz suggests. You may find that multiple rides over the same set of trails will give you multiple different suggestions. Don't try to make changes to hone in on a perfect score. Be happy with scores in the 90's and a suspension that feels good. I drove myself silly trying to make 100 only to find those exact setting didn't always net me 100 even on the same trails under similar temps and such.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Fair enough.

Just to be clear, "Planted" should be what I'm using if I'm trying to have my fork feel balanced with my coil shock (DHX2), right? I've tuned the shock to keep my rear wheel glued to the trail, especially over high speed bumps, but still provide enough support to push off small trail features. I'm looking for the fork to also glide through high speed bumps without feeling harsh, but also swallow up big square edged hits (water bars, rocks) while not feel dive-y.

mtbr member
    Fair enough.

Just to be clear, "Planted" should be what I'm using if I'm trying to have my fork feel balanced with my coil shock (DHX2), right? I've tuned the shock to keep my rear wheel glued to the trail, especially over high speed bumps, but still provide enough support to push off small trail features. I'm looking for the fork to also glide through high speed bumps without feeling harsh, but also swallow up big square edged hits (water bars, rocks) while not feel dive-y.
    They've changed the tuning styles since I last used my Shockwiz. "Planted" was not an option last summer. "Efficient, Balanced, Playful, and Aggressive" were the tuning styles last summer with the most firm option being efficient and the most active being the aggressive tune. What are they now and how does "Planted" fit in the range of options now?
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    So, if you chose a custom profile, you can set stiffness (softest, soft, neutral, firm, firmest) and liveliness (planted, poppy, active).

The old Efficient = Firmest / Planted, and Aggressive = Softest / Poppy.

I may well have effectively chosen the same thing as Balanced. I can't find anything defining what Balanced is on the new scale.

mtbr member
    This link describes the old tuning styles but I couldn't find anything on their website about the new tuning modes.

https://shockwiz.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...yles-Explained
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Just calibrated my Fox Float X2 on my SB6c.

CR was measured at 3.1 does that sound right?

Also, the pressure on the ShockWiz app reads 206psi which gives me 30% sag according to the reading on the app.
    But, the pressure on my Rockshox digital pump was reading 190psi. Thatís a big difference! When Iím done tuning, I will obviously recorded air pressure on the app and on the pump. Is it usuall for the two to be so different? I presume I use the pressure reading on the pump and use that going forward when setting pressure before I ride?

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    2.7 to 3.3 seems to be the normal range for an air suspension.
    Just like tires, actual pressure doesn't matter, consistency is the key. Record both but use your pump to find the same psi every time.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    I agree with alexbn. The real measurement doesn't matter near as much as repeatability. I do think I read early comments though that said there was often 10psi or so of pressure differential between the Shockwiz and some pumps. Luckily my digital Lezyne pump and the Shockwiz register maybe within 2psi of one another. Still, I make notes of the Shockwiz pressure and pump pressure, only to repeat the pump pressure when adding air.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I get quite a big error between different shock pumps and the shockwiz too.

Even bigger for tyre pressure readings. 30psi on my park track pump is 26psi on my digital Topeak gauge, a 14% difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I updated and so far it's not been too bad.. seems a bit more temperamental connecting to my phone (Note 8) when before it was 100%.
    I wonder what the difference is between the light flashing Red or Green is.. pretty sure I've seen it both colours since the update (Calibration status or is that just app side?).. just leant it to a friend so can't check if this is the case.

Anyone know what the minimum Voltage is for the battery?

As for Shockwiz Vs Shock pumps, mine all tie up to within +/- 1-2 PSI with the shockwiz... pretty sure the digital Syncros 1.0 I've got was giving the exactly same value of 250 PSI on my rear shock at sea level.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Had a look at the Shockwiz and think the Red/Green flashing light is now if the calibration is ok (Green = Calibrated). Was definitely flashing Red and after connecting it to the Shock and calibration it started flashing Green.

As for SW accuracy.. as long as it doesn't drift then it doesn't matter other than it makes setup more cumbersome as you'll need to account for the discrepancy between your pump and SW. Obviously you'll need to remember the offset when setting your shock without the SW attached. I was wrong above and my SW reads 250 and my pump 245 so I need to account -5 PSI when I set my shock off just the pump... made a note on the profile.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hmm. Ages ago I can see I got a CR =2.8 in RS Reba 120mm. Today, I added 3 tokens and re-did the calibration and it camer up with CR=4.1. Is that possible...or seem a bit weird?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Not sure about the numbers, but it makes sense that when you add tokens, you decrease the volume and increase the ratio of maximum to minimum volumes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post

Mine was initially ok after the update but it's also started not recording any data with rough terrain, medium drop off and jumps and fast rock gardens so the odd bottom out... so yeah it seems to respond ok set up wise and measuring correct sag etc

Wondering if mine and your SWs are faulty and the update is a coincidence as initially mine was ok with the update other than connectivity issues with Android.. battery voltage is fine @ 2.7V.

So yeah possibly faulty.. may pull the battery and check the manual for factory reset etc..

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Shockwiz

Been using sw to get my new ripley dialed in...had both fork and shock at 96 score, but felt the shock could be a bit better. Switched out a volume spacer and slowed down rebound a click and upped psi 4-5 lbs and after about 45 minutes of spirited riding, checked it and got this

Iím a little puzzled at the lack of deep compression events as there were a couple of 2 foot to flat drops and numerous tabletops...but the bike felt excellent in all areas from chunk, to flow, to roots and rocks.

mtbr member
    Been using sw to get my new ripley dialed in...had both fork and shock at 96 score, but felt the shock could be a bit better. Switched out a volume spacer and slowed down rebound a click and upped psi 4-5 lbs and after about 45 minutes of spirited riding, checked it and got this

Iím a little puzzled at the lack of deep compression events as there were a couple of 2 foot to flat drops and numerous tabletops...but the bike felt excellent in all areas from chunk, to flow, to roots and rocks.

I suggest selling the Shockwiz now. Otherwise when you get 94 on the next ride you'll be forever trying to figure out how to fix it.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I suggest selling the Shockwiz now. Otherwise when you get 94 on the next ride you'll be forever trying to figure out how to fix it.
    Lol. How true! I already took it off and put it in the toolbox. It has served its purpose and helped me get my rig dialed in

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lol. How true! I already took it off and put it in the toolbox. It has served its purpose and helped me get my rig dialed in

Your never buying another bike again?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Your never buying another bike again?
    Certainly. Just no need for me to keep the sw on the bike full time. I still have it and am keeping it...just not going to keep it on the bike. Maybe when weather warms up dramatically and or I ride different areas, then Iíll put it back on. But Iíve already experienced the sw effect of constantly looking at the app, trying to keep making tweaks to get another few points higher score, etc. I knew within a few miles yesterday my tune felt better than the ď96Ē score I had previously and the sw agreed (at least this time!).

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've still got issues with my SW not recording rides anymore. Seem to be working fine.. reading pressure changes but select start new ride but now get no data recorded.

My SW did work ok after the update for a couple of rides so unsure if the update has caused the issue, it is measuring the pressure ok so it must be a software or data storage issue.. corrupted ROM?

Took the battery out to see if that fixes it (OFF Reset) and checked it with a Multi-meter and its reading 2.934V so that's not it (btw SW says it's 2.7V).

I did notice the LED flashed 4 times rapidly on boot up.. either an error code or just the boot up sequence?.. sometimes it flashes Red but no idea what this means either.

Anyway I've emailed SW to ask their opinion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had a strange issue with mine in so far as the sw would only work when the battery was not slid into the metal cupping fully. If left it a half a centimeter out from fully recessed it worked!?
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketMagnet View Post
    I've still got issues with my SW not recording rides anymore. Seem to be working fine.. reading pressure changes but select start new ride but now get no data recorded.

My SW did work ok after the update for a couple of rides so unsure if the update has caused the issue, it is measuring the pressure ok so it must be a software or data storage issue.. corrupted ROM?

Took the battery out to see if that fixes it (OFF Reset) and checked it with a Multi-meter and its reading 2.934V so that's not it (btw SW says it's 2.7V).

I did notice the LED flashed 4 times rapidly on boot up.. either an error code or just the boot up sequence?.. sometimes it flashes Red but no idea what this means either.

Anyway I've emailed SW to ask their opinion.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Seems like a tight fit but yeah if it kept loosing power.. but it's in there nice and snug and the connections look good.
    I'm on App Version 8.0.0 (Android) and Firmware 5.0.0.

Just tried downloading from the SW to a profile and it writes down the no data to it.. it wont upload any previous rides though .. says success! but it's still says no data.

I may try the Beta Firmware (hmm you need to request Beta access )after that looks like it's gone faulty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Had my first couple of rides with the SW on my SB6c.
    Shock is a Fox Float X2.
    Setup to factory spec for my weight 95kg
    210 psi giving me 30% sag
    HRS 14 from slow
    LSR 15 from slow
    HSC 15 from slow
    LSC 17 from slow

Part way through the first ride SW recommended a reduction in reassure, so went down to 200psi

At the end of the first ride, recommendation was to make HSC softer (it was red) and make LSC softer (it was yellow). Everything else was green.

I made HSC softer by 3 clicks and LSC softer by 2 clicks.

I rode again today on very similar trails. Wet, roots, rocky. (Whiteís Level at Afan forest in Wales).

This time at the end of the ride, the recommendations are to make HSC softer again (in the red) and reduce air pressure. If I make HSC softer by another three clicks (currently on 18 from slow) it will be fully open.

Iím not sure why HSC needs to be softer? Is it because I am not using all of the travel? Iím also not sure why it suggest less air? The current pressure of 200ps (after changing from th first ride from 210 to 200)i is giving me 35% dynamic sag.

I tend not to jump, I tend to roll over most stuff of technical single track, which is what I Ride the last two days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Forgot to add that also after the second ride, everything other then pressure and HSC was green.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    End of first ride

Shockwiz-52193016-9887-4de0-9ec4-7168dd8684ec.jpg

After todays ride

Shockwiz-77c27bec-e6ef-407f-aa8c-f3281dc1e263.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwiz-73eb8b71-15b0-45c3-973c-87883e2e3d1a.jpg  

Shockwiz-caef4b27-2e9b-4b06-a010-b3dcf979f611.jpg  

dmo
    mtbr member
    Can anyone tell me if I've lost weight (10lb) since riding last year do I need to change much of what I tuned through the shockwiz last year? I'm guessing maybe just pressure needs to change to get the correct sag or will everything need to be retuned?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    How much is that 10lbs as a percentage of your total weight plus that of the bike?

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onzadog View Post
    How much is that 10lbs as a percentage of your total weight plus that of the bike?
    It's about a 7% change from before. Is that significant enough to make a difference?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You and the bike now weight 133 lbs? If so, you could drop 5% from your air pressure but I'd imagine that would only be a couple of psi. My forks change that much at the bottom of a downhill run so I'd not bother.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    End of first ride

Name:	52193016-9887-4DE0-9EC4-7168DD8684EC.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	1190622

After todays ride

Name:	77C27BEC-E6EF-407F-AA8C-F3281DC1E263.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1190621
    Iíd try dropping psi a couple lbs and ride the same trail and see what you have. Sw seems to like lower air pressures and open adjustments with volume spacers...at least thatís been my experience

mtbr member
    May 2017

DVO Topaz shockwiz results

What's everyone's thoughts on these results? I'm 190-195lbs and I'm running 200psi in the positive, 185psi in the negative, 8 clicks of rebound and one band in the positive chamber. It feels pretty good but a little more compliance over stutter bumps would be good.

Shockwiz-shockwiz-topaz-1.png
    Shockwiz-shockwiz-topaz-2.png
    Shockwiz-shockwiz-topaz-3.png
    Last edited by robmac48; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on these results? I'm 185lbs and I'm running 200psi in the positive, 185psi in the negative, 8 clicks of rebound and one band in the positive chamber. It feels pretty good but a little more compliance over stutter bumps would be good.

Name:	Shockwiz Topaz 1.PNG 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	1190702

Name:	Shockwiz Topaz 2.PNG 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	1190703

Name:	Shockwiz Topaz 3.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	1190704
    I'm assuming your riding a Topaz rear shock and have 200psi in the main can and 185psi in the bladder, not the negative. What's your tuning band setup looking like right now?
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I'm assuming your riding a Topaz rear shock and have 200psi in the main can and 185psi in the bladder, not the negative. What's your tuning band setup looking like right now?
    Yeah sorry, Topaz with 200 main and 185 in the bladder. One band on the positive.

Also adjusted my initial post with a confirmed weight...seems I am a little heavier than I thought! (Between 190-195lbs)
    Last edited by robmac48; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Yeah sorry, Topaz with 200 main and 185 in the bladder. One band on the positive.

Also adjusted my initial post with a confirmed weight...seems I am a little heavier than I thought! (Between 190-195lbs)
    My brain is fighting itself over your HSC & LSC issues. It's asking for low speed to be firmer and high speed to be softer. My initial thought would be to add one more tuning band to the positive and drop maybe 5psi out of the main can. The extra band should keep you from bottoming out and the lower can pressure should make things more compliant, offering a bit more small bump compliance. But the excessive pogo has me puzzled. You said 8 clicks of rebound. Is this 8 clicks closed from full open? I'm thinking it only has 9 clicks total. I've swapped my Topaz oil to Red Line Like Water to make it more active and I'm running only 2-3 clicks from full open and I don't have pogo issues at all. I'm at 3 bands in the positive, 2 negative, main can pressure @ my riding weight with gear and the bladder pressure at my body weight without clothes.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Adding to IRBent's post, there's a good Vorsprung Tech Talk on LSC & HSC, with the TLDR version being that LSC affects your HSC.

I've run into a similar issue with Shockwiz recommending conflicting HSC & LSC changes (softer HSC, firmer LSC). At that point, you have to think about what's going on and use logic rather than just blindly following the app. My 36 RC2 is running with HSC wide open, so obviously can't go any softer. Under detection, it lists "bobbing" as the only issue. So what's going on is when I am pedaling uphill, especially out of the saddle sprints, I see a bit of bob on the front end. So in my case, the solution is to either crank LSC closed 2-3 clicks for climbs, or just live with the bob and not have to worry about remembering to back it off for the descents.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    My brain is fighting itself over your HSC & LSC issues. It's asking for low speed to be firmer and high speed to be softer. My initial thought would be to add one more tuning band to the positive and drop maybe 5psi out of the main can. The extra band should keep you from bottoming out and the lower can pressure should make things more compliant, offering a bit more small bump compliance. But the excessive pogo has me puzzled. You said 8 clicks of rebound. Is this 8 clicks closed from full open? I'm thinking it only has 9 clicks total. I've swapped my Topaz oil to Red Line Like Water to make it more active and I'm running only 2-3 clicks from full open and I don't have pogo issues at all. I'm at 3 bands in the positive, 2 negative, main can pressure @ my riding weight with gear and the bladder pressure at my body weight without clothes.
    My rebound is 8 clicks from fully closed so I'm almost out of adjustment. I had a bit of a think about it last night and I'm trying a fairly different set up later today, 3 positive bands, 1 negative, 180 bladder and 190 main, I'll report back what data it produces.

Will definitely consider changing the oil too. Thanks for the feedback IRBent and Andeh.

mtbr member
    My rebound is 8 clicks from fully closed so I'm almost out of adjustment. I had a bit of a think about it last night and I'm trying a fairly different set up later today, 3 positive bands, 1 negative, 180 bladder and 190 main, I'll report back what data it produces.

Will definitely consider changing the oil too. Thanks for the feedback IRBent and Andeh.
    That sounds like a good starting place. Once you get the tuning bands in place set your main can pressure, a bit at a time equalizing as you go, until you get to @ 30% sag. Even if it ends up at 185 or 195psi. Then adjust based on SW results. But know too, 3-4 rides on the same trail with the shock settings will give different answers in SW. Work off of the majority rather than trying to adjust after every single ride. You'll end up chasing your tail and driving yourself batshit crazy if you adjust after every ride.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    That sounds like a good starting place. Once you get the tuning bands in place set your main can pressure, a bit at a time equalizing as you go, until you get to @ 30% sag. Even if it ends up at 185 or 195psi. Then adjust based on SW results. But know too, 3-4 rides on the same trail with the shock settings will give different answers in SW. Work off of the majority rather than trying to adjust after every single ride. You'll end up chasing your tail and driving yourself batshit crazy if you adjust after every ride.
    One other thing, go to YouTube and look for the rebound curb test if tours not familiar with it. That should get you within a click or 2 of trail settings.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    May 2017

Topaz with changes

Ok, second stab with the shockwiz. First time I ran 200psi main, 185psi bladder and rebound 8 from fully closed and one positive band. Felt like it was a little harsh on the chatter and the shockwix showed it wanted firmer HSC and softer LSC and said that bouncing was 'poor'.

This time I ran 190psi main, 180psi bladder, rebound 8 from fully closed, 2 postive bands, 1 negative bands. This time shockwiz was happy with my HSC but still wanted softer LSC and the bouncing remained the same at 'poor'.

The biggest change was how it felt. Way more supple and so much more feel from the back end, really liked this set up.

Thinking I might try 185psi main, 190psi bladder, 3 positive bands, 2 negative bands and leave the rebound at 8 out to see how that feels next.

Redline oil change is looking likely too in the future.

Shockwiz-topaz-2.3.pngShockwiz-topaz-2.2.pngShockwiz-topaz-2.1.png

mtbr member
    May 2017
    One other thing, go to YouTube and look for the rebound curb test if tours not familiar with it. That should get you within a click or 2 of trail settings.
    I did mean to do this before my ride but totally forgot! I'll have a look before the next one and see what it looks like. It'll be interesting to see if something so simple is a useful tool.

mtbr member
    Ok, second stab with the shockwiz. First time I ran 200psi main, 185psi bladder and rebound 8 from fully closed and one positive band. Felt like it was a little harsh on the chatter and the shockwix showed it wanted firmer HSC and softer LSC and said that bouncing was 'poor'.

This time I ran 190psi main, 180psi bladder, rebound 8 from fully closed, 2 postive bands, 1 negative bands. This time shockwiz was happy with my HSC but still wanted softer LSC and the bouncing remained the same at 'poor'.

The biggest change was how it felt. Way more supple and so much more feel from the back end, really liked this set up.

Thinking I might try 185psi main, 190psi bladder, 3 positive bands, 2 negative bands and leave the rebound at 8 out to see how that feels next.

Redline oil change is looking likely too in the future.

Name:	Topaz 2.3.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	1191138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topaz 2.2.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	1191139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topaz 2.1.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1191140
    I bet if you closed your rebound knob 1-2 rounds clockwise, your pogo issue in Shockwiz would go away. Your experience so far sounds like mine. I found lower main can pressure made for a more supple ride, eating up the small bumps. I ended up with 3+ and 2- on the tuning bands. But at times the rear starts to pack down on successive hits. Makes me wonder if I had a tad more pressure in the main can if it would help it rebound faster. If I add pressure to the main can I won't use as much travel unless I remove a positive band. It also won't sag to @ 30% unless I remove a negative band. Maybe we need some bands half as wide as the stock bands so we can meet in the middle. LOL
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Hi Iím running 2018 Factory 36ís and itís recommending to add air and remove spacers but itís bottoming out surely I need to add spacers if itís bottoming out

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Delete

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You should only do one thing at a time. So add Air then ride and see what it says after that. Work down the list from top to bottom individually. It can't work out if you need spacers correctly unless you get your air pressure correct first etc..

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Ok thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Hey Fellas, I own 3 Shockwiz devices and been testing since they released to the public with mixed results. Have gone back and forth between using it and all the while also improving as a rider thus my preferences have also shifted. Current bike is a 2017 Bronson CC with a 160mm Fox 36 fork and 150mm Fox X2 shock. Generally lock out the rear only on the climbs or when pedaling to the trail head and that tends to give me a good enough ride (harsh, but doable) to get up the steep stuff and the top of the mountain at which point I start a new session and proceed to descend which brings me to my question. Have read all 13 pages related to the Shockwiz and it's recommendations and still don't have a clear indication about how to properly use it or even worth using. Much of the feedback is strictly descend driven thus not very helpful to get an all around Enduro tune. I've fought the suggestions at times and most of the time end up splitting the difference from what it says to how it feels to me on the trail. How does it benefit you guys and what are your thoughts in general? How do you use it? Strictly descend driven or goal is to achieve something that pedals well also?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineM3 View Post
    Hey Fellas, I own 3 Shockwiz devices and been testing since they released to the public with mixed results. Have gone back and forth between using it and all the while also improving as a rider thus my preferences have also shifted. Current bike is a 2017 Bronson CC with a 160mm Fox 36 fork and 150mm Fox X2 shock. Generally lock out the rear only on the climbs or when pedaling to the trail head and that tends to give me a good enough ride (harsh, but doable) to get up the steep stuff and the top of the mountain at which point I start a new session and proceed to descend which brings me to my question. Have read all 13 pages related to the Shockwiz and it's recommendations and still don't have a clear indication about how to properly use it or even worth using. Much of the feedback is strictly descend driven thus not very helpful to get an all around Enduro tune. I've fought the suggestions at times and most of the time end up splitting the difference from what it says to how it feels to me on the trail. How does it benefit you guys and what are your thoughts in general? How do you use it? Strictly descend driven or goal is to achieve something that pedals well also?
    Interesting points. I've been questioning similar. My main thoughts are:

1. The main thing for me which I dont think comes up much is: the overall balance of the bike. I'm not convinced you achieve a good balance unless you tune (i) rear (ii) front, and then repeat that a few times. I just dont beleive it can determine the harmony between front and rear until its repeated at least once.

2. I'm reverse-engineering it with my Lyrik! My Lyrik has a Luftkappe and Ive been told (and actually now think its true) that an extra 10% from recommended is optimal. So I ride with that air pressure and see what tune is bes matched to that ride. Invariably its a form of 'balanced'. Which was my prior preference anyway. All that remains is fine tuning the rebound+LSC. Its been great for that.

3. (Way) Too much time can be spent SW-ing! detracts from your rides.

4. Finally, I find the quality of the travel used is better than all of the travel used at least once.

mtbr member
    So yesterday I (80kg dh rider/enduro rider) added my new shockwiz to my 2018 lyrik 170mm and spent the day shuttling. I started with a score of 86. Air pressure (60psi) and ramp up (2 tokens) were spot on from the start.

All my suggestions were based upon slowing rebound down (yellow marker). I slowed the rebound down 2 clicks and the bike felt worse. Got a score of 74 and was still getting the same suggestions. Started my new session after another 2 clicks of rebound damping and i got a lower score, yellow in a lot more fields, and was STILL told to slow rebound down.

Fork went from feeling great to feeling awful over rocks and roots. I started with 6 clicks rebound from fully open and went to 11 clicks, with the fork feeling worse every time.

The calibration was done right, so....am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'd be interested to hear an answer on that also. I'm running Shockwiz on a 34 Grip, and it's doing the same thing so far. Every time I run it, it says make rebound softer (yellow). I've now dialed it down probably about ~8 clicks from where I started. I'd thought it was a function of the fork being on a hardtail, but maybe not?

mtbr member
    I'd be interested to hear an answer on that also. I'm running Shockwiz on a 34 Grip, and it's doing the same thing so far. Every time I run it, it says make rebound softer (yellow). I've now dialed it down probably about ~8 clicks from where I started. I'd thought it was a function of the fork being on a hardtail, but maybe not?
    I'm on a 2018 Nomad so I'm guessing not relating to being on a hardtail. I was doing practice race runs with the shockwiz settings and my normal strava times (which have always been around consistant to around 4 seconds) suffered massively. I'm also riding with a TFCC tear in my wrist so I'm quite sensitive to changes in set up. The rebound speed I got to with SW suggestions had the fork packing like a MOFO and left me in agony.

Anyone other than us two had similar, or a fix?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Members who have read this thread: 519