Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 1,201 to 1,216 of 1216

Thread: Shockwiz

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post

Overall, I like it. I was pretty close on my fork and itís still asking me to add another spacer and I had about 5psi too much air....that would be 5 (the max allowed in the Fox 34). Likely because of me being 260lbs? Iíll redo it again before adding another spacer and then on to the shock.

Glad I bought it..it will be fun to play around with and make it a lot easier and quicker to setup a new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I wouldnt be chainging anything in the setup. If I were you I would be riding it as is again but doing some more jumps. You only did 2. More will give a far more definitive answer specifally in answer to the spacer/air adjusmtnets. My point is you might find they actually become green and all is actuall spot on now, you (and your Shockwix) doesnt yet know it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    I wouldnt be chainging anything in the setup. If I were you I would be riding it as is again but doing some more jumps. You only did 2. More will give a far more definitive answer specifally in answer to the spacer/air adjusmtnets. My point is you might find they actually become green and all is actuall spot on now, you (and your Shockwix) doesnt yet know it.
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking same thing. The next set of trails I will ride have 2 flowy jump lines with doubles and tabletops (these are small ones...not a bike park)...then the latter half of the same trail has the typical singletrack with some roots and stuff. I can bottom the fork pretty easily if I dont clear the table tops (even with 4 spacers), but I am guessing I will need to compromise on my settings and what I want the fork to do on the trails...its asking a lot of a Fox 34 to be all green in all areas and then handle 2 ft drops and tabletops, etc with 260lbs on board But thats what will make the shock wiz cool to mess around with I think.

I should have a pretty good idea where I am at after that (I went to ride those trails today and the park was closed for a management deer hunt so I had to switch gears a bit). But, I like the SW...pretty cool little tool and fun to work with I think
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 8 29"

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi everyone, while riding the little retaining ring holding the hose connector together fell out. Does anyone know the size of a replacement ring? I'm not too keen to spend 50 euro for a replacement kit.

The hoses are a real weakness of the shockwiz. Has anyone experimented with different hoses? Preferably more flexible ones like you have on the fox shock pumps?

mtbr member
    Got the ShockWiz yesterday and hit the trails today. Calibrated it beforehand and it said my CR was 2.7...thatís with 4 spacers in the Fox 34...after riding a varied loop for about a mile I checked it and I was close....

[

You may need to recalibrate the Shockwiz as the -7% travel is out of the range for quality results. I seem to recall the info stating the travel % needed to be +/- 3% max.

I agree with one of the previous comments too that a single ride or two is insufficient to get a definitive answer. I found using my Shockwiz for several months that testing on the same trails gave varied results depending on air temps, the line I chose, my mood which determined how aggressive or how well I rode, and more. So a few rides on a 1 mile loop is far from a tell all. Decide what you want to tune to, such as, my suspension doesn't handle this too well but everything else is good. So ride what it doesn't handle well and/or tune to the ugliest trails. When the Shockwiz tells you REPEATEDLY with 100% confidence that your scores are in the 90's with an occasional 100, you'll know your suspension is as close to perfect as it will get without internal component mods.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by IRBent View Post
    You may need to recalibrate the Shockwiz as the -7% travel is out of the range for quality results. I seem to recall the info stating the travel % needed to be +/- 3% max.

I agree with one of the previous comments too that a single ride or two is insufficient to get a definitive answer. I found using my Shockwiz for several months that testing on the same trails gave varied results depending on air temps, the line I chose, my mood which determined how aggressive or how well I rode, and more. So a few rides on a 1 mile loop is far from a tell all. Decide what you want to tune to, such as, my suspension doesn't handle this too well but everything else is good. So ride what it doesn't handle well and/or tune to the ugliest trails. When the Shockwiz tells you REPEATEDLY with 100% confidence that your scores are in the 90's with an occasional 100, you'll know your suspension is as close to perfect as it will get without internal component mods.
    Hmmm...I didnít notice the -7%. Thanks for catching that!! All good info!

2017 Trek Fuel EX 8 29"

mtbr member
    Hmmm...I didnít notice the -7%. Thanks for catching that!! All good info!

Yeah, a negative sag percent means your calibration never reached full extension. During testing it apparently did reach full extension, causing a negative travel result. 7% of say 150mm fork means your travel distance was off by .07*150=10.5mm. In English measurements, that's over 3/8" (inch). If you don't think 3/8" is a lot, just ask my wife. LOL
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, the Reverb dropper and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    I can use the ShockWiz with this?:

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...eluxe-coil-rct

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    No.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok....My shockwiz has my Low Speed Rebound yellow towards the "slow down" side.

This is on my cane creek rear shock which calls each direction of the dial "plush" and "firm".

Is plush or firm going to slow down the LSR?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbar314 View Post
    Ok....My shockwiz has my Low Speed Rebound yellow towards the "slow down" side.

This is on my cane creek rear shock which calls each direction of the dial "plush" and "firm".

Is plush or firm going to slow down the LSR?
    I would think slowing down your rebound would make things firmer. Typically this requires your adjuster to be turned clockwise.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I would think slowing down your rebound would make things firmer. Typically this requires your adjuster to be turned clockwise.
    was about to write similar

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    was about to write similar
    Yeah, basically it's like closing a valve. The more you close the valve the slower the flow has to be. The slower the oil moves through the opening, the slower your shock rebounds.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah, basically it's like closing a valve. The more you close the valve the slower the flow has to be. The slower the oil moves through the opening, the slower your shock rebounds.
    Awesome, that makes sense. I was thinking that this would do it but that description helps seal the deal. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Do you upload a profile b4 a ride to set the travel and CR of the particular suspension component you want to tune? And then do you download it after your ride with a new name so that you can review it at your convenience?

Do you set your travel for your shock for the suspension travel, or just the shock travel?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Will shockwiz work with Super Deluxe - https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...er-deluxe-rc3?
    Evil The Following MB 2017
    Canondale Scalpel Team 2015
    Kona Raijin 2014 SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by we78 View Post
    Will shockwiz work with Super Deluxe - https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...er-deluxe-rc3?
    Yes it will work fine.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Members who have read this thread: 660