Wardie
    Jan 2007

shock upgrade IH Maverick Trail

I'd like to upgrade my Tough Shock FD Coil 6.5 x 1.5 to a unit that is lighter and gives adjustments for rebound as well as compression. Can anyon e suggest a shock that will bolt directly in without any modifications?

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie
    I'd like to upgrade my Tough Shock FD Coil 6.5 x 1.5 to a unit that is lighter and gives adjustments for rebound as well as compression. Can anyon e suggest a shock that will bolt directly in without any modifications?
    There are a lot of shock with those measurement of 6.5" (165mm) eye to eye and a stroke of 1.5" (38mm). Whats your price range, do you want new, or will you buy used? and do you prefer air or coil? Post that info, and you will have a more informed answer.
    I had the exact same shock come on my first bike, I upgraded to a cane creek ad10 air shock, that has rebound and compression adjustments for $75 shipped on ebay. I liked the easy of adjusting the air spring, I was able to fine tune the ride to use all the travel on big hits, and fine tune the rebound to get rid of the pogo stick feel.
    Last edited by farmboybunk; 01-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

Wardie
    Jan 2007

Suspension shock upgrade Iron Horse

My shock is 6.5 x 1.5 and coil. I'd like to upgrade don't care if it's new or used would like compression and rebound and a lock out feature. I weight about 235-240 so it needs to be durable. Thanks Wardie