Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shock Pump

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  eatdrinkride 
#1 ·
I need a new shock pump...a good one. Mine sucks. Its an off brand and man does it let air leak out when I take it off the fork. I have to over pressurize to compensate for the amount of air that leaks.

I've heard and read the ToPeak pump is a good one. Anyone have any experience with the PocketShock DXG?

Thanks

#3 ·
since no one else mentioned it (been covered dozens of times now), your shock is not likely losing any air when removing it the pump. The air loss you are hearing is the pressurized captured air in the hose itself. Shock pumps are designed so that the schrader valve on your shock/fork closes before the pump is removed.

#4 ·
This. Both my Fox shock pumps do this. its just air that is stuck in the hose of the pump. the valve on the fork has already closed.

I had that Rav-X shock pump a few years back. I went through 2 of them in about 6 months. the red vavle thing is a good idea in theory i guess, but it caused me alot of problems. the Fox ones feel alot more solid to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.