mtbr member
    Sep 2010

shock needs air everytime i ride.

I have a reacon silver tk solo air. and every time i ride (couple times a week) I am putting air back in it. just wondering if this is normal. or should i take it in to get it looked at?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is it actually getting softer, or are you just seeing a lower pressure on the shock gauge when you reattach it?

mtbr member
    Change the seals. A real man would not take it in, but change them himself

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    lower pressure on the gauge. Its still under warranty so i can take it back in.
    the owners manual said that the solo air shocks have a upper and lower air chamber and that you have to go way over the upper pressure to get the air in the lower chamber.
    almost like a blow off seal or something. said you will go so high with the pressure then it will drop back down. that lets you know that both the upper and lower have air. does that sound right

mtbr member
    Are you putting the air in with a shock pump? It will repressurize the pump each time you attach it, so like fsrxc said it will read lower on the gauge than the actual pressure before it is attached.
    Could be a pretty big difference if you are using a high volume pump, shouldn't be much if you use a shock pump.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    yeah i see what your saying but i am using a shock pump. rock shox pump.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    after reading that again it made better since. the amount of air that goes back into the pump from the shock will make the amount lower. the amount is lower, way low plus the shock is soft. even locked out it is soft. for rider weight should be about 120 psi in the shock but when i put the pump on i'm seeing only 25 to 50 psi. thats what im seeing between rides. never have checked it after a ride always before i ride. another guy i ride with says he only puts air in his maybe once a month or longer.

mtbr member
    I haven't put Air in my Reba in a year

Losing air means something is wrong. Well, it means you have a leak

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by firem2 View Post
    after reading that again it made better since. the amount of air that goes back into the pump from the shock will make the amount lower. the amount is lower, way low plus the shock is soft. even locked out it is soft. for rider weight should be about 120 psi in the shock but when i put the pump on i'm seeing only 25 to 50 psi. thats what im seeing between rides. never have checked it after a ride always before i ride. another guy i ride with says he only puts air in his maybe once a month or longer.
    Yup, definately warranty it. I don't notice any loss in my Sektor, even after months of use.