mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Shock Mount Hardware - 10mm Bolt?

Does anyone know of any bikes/shocks that use 10mm bolts to mount the shock? I ride a Jamis Parker 1, and the shock hardware is not your typical 6 or 8mm hardware. It came stock with a Rock Shox Bar 2.1, and I had switched that over to a Manitou Swinger - both use 12mm bushings.

My issue is that I sent my Manitou shock out for service, and it's been gone for a while. Part of the shock mounting hardware has a "sleeve" that fits tightly into the bushings in the eyelets of the shock. I have everything but this sleeve. On the ends of the sleeve, a rubber spacer and an alloy spacer fit on each side, that fits securely in the 22.4 width of the frame mount under the top tube, and the shock linkage for the rear triangle.

The LBS has been trying to help me as best as they can, but the back and forth between Jamis and Rock Shox is not getting us anywhere - First Jamis sent parts, but they were not what I needed. Then they said call Rock Shox.. RS says they don't have the hardware for that size bolt, and Jamis says we need to go through the shock manufacturer..

Does anyone know where I can go to find some hardware that will work for a shock with 12mm bushings and a 10mm mounting bolt (its a male/female type moutning bolt). I would think these parts willl wear over time and it would be nice to be able to get them if needed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Have you tried the Jamis forum? and you have pic of what you are looking for? These guys have a selection of bushings.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yeah - I posted in the Jamis forum also - just thought I'd try here also. I don't have a picture of what I'm looking for exactly, as the part I'm missing is with the shock that was sent out - it's not the bushings, but its a 22.4 mm wide sleeve that fits inside the bushings tightly - much in the same way a bushing get inserted into shock eyelets.
    Thanks for the reply.