mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Shiver SC Parts?

I am looking for a 5" dampening cartridge for a shiver sc. I would prefer one with the lock out but I would also take a rebound only one as well. I have a low milage fork that I just did an oil change on and the lock out cartridge will only go through about half of it's travel before it stops. Marzocchi says they only have the 4" versions in stock and I'm out of luck. If you have a cartridge or a parts fork you want to sell, please contact me. Or, if you need a like new fork and have the parts and want to buy it, contact me as well.

I have 4 of these forks that my family uses and this is my first problem with any of the sc's. As a matter of fact, it is my first problem ever with any of my Marzocchi forks. I have been pretty happy with them up until now. Please put the word out if you know anyone who can help.

Thanks

Elitest thrill junkie
    The shiver SCs used the ECC cartridge, which locked the fork down, but it didn't have any remaining travel like the later ETA cartridge. Both of these cartridges are for lowering the fork for climbing steep stuff, and not for damping. In other words, they could be replaced with some sort of dummy-shaft and the fork's bump performance would not be affected.

The damping cartridge on the other hand (HSCV) is in the other leg, and is a seperate cartridge. Not sure why you need "both" cartridges, you do realize they are seperate?

The ECC wasn't terribly good, it rode like a rock when engaged (due it it also locking out the fork) and the internals eventually broke down, resulting in it not really staying locked-down (it would slowly creep-up).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yes I realize they are two different cartridge but it also holds the spring assembly in place. The rod only moves two inches and it stops the fork like it has bottomed out. The rebound cartridge would do the same job as far as holding the spring assembly in place. Also, there is no way to open the cartridge where the ecc rod enters in the cartridge. Since I really never used the ecc anyway, I don't care if it works but I would like the fork to be functional so I can continue to use it. If you know of a "dummy shaft" that could be used, I am all ears. Marzocchi techs said that they did not have anything available for this fork or any suitable setup from another fork that I could use. They said my only recourse was a 4" setup and I do not want to do that.