Kick Start My Heart

Setting Sag - Helpful Hint from my kids

So I finally get around to changing the oil in my Tora 318. No biggie really, - follow the directions and everything is good.
    I have it back together and mounted, go to set up the sag, and have one of the kids measuring, and they ask, 'why isn't there a ruler on the fork? instead of measuring?' -I don't know - 'just put one on there then'
    Smart kid. I drew one on with a Sharpie. I can wipe it of with alcohol, or may just let it wear down.
    Good thinking!
    I tried really hard to post a pic, but failed. You get the idea though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davez26 View Post
    So I finally get around to changing the oil in my Tora 318. No biggie really, - follow the directions and everything is good.
    I have it back together and mounted, go to set up the sag, and have one of the kids measuring, and they ask, 'why isn't there a ruler on the fork? instead of measuring?' -I don't know - 'just put one on there then'
    Smart kid. I drew one on with a Sharpie. I can wipe it of with alcohol, or may just let it wear down.
    Good thinking!
    I tried really hard to post a pic, but failed. You get the idea though.
    I use a sharpie to mark max travel (stroke) of the rear shock then compare the o-ring to the sharpie mark after a few drops. Next time you have the fork apart install an o-ring on the stanchion - use to set sag & max travel used.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Next time you have the fork apart install an o-ring on the stanchion - use to set sag & max travel used.
    or just snug a zip tie around the stanchion if you don't have the fork apart.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times