mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Setting sag on 07 Fox Float R 130 mm fork?

I have an 07 Fox Float R 130 mm fork on a Gary Fisher Cake 2 DLX. I read on the Fox website that sag should be set to 25% of Fork Travel. The problem is when i set the sag to 25% of fork travel I never use the top 2 inches of fork travel. I have a zip tie on the fork so i can see how much travel im using on a ride. I have to set the fork to about 40% of sag to use all of the travel on the fork. So im either using the bottom 2/3 of fork travel or the top 2/3 depending on the amount of air i put in the shock. How can i use the full amount of travel the fork is supposed to offer? Am i setting it up correctly, is the shock working properly? What's annoying is the geometry of the bike changes as well when i use either the top 2/3 or bottom 2/3 of shock travel.

Thanks!
    Andrew Fox
    Ft. Collins, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Shameless bump.

somebody's got to know something!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afox
    Shameless bump.

somebody's got to know something!
    try the reviews, I think I've seen people say the Float forks tend to be progressive, as you've found.
    Because it's an R model, you don't have the option of dialing up the compression to firm it up, but you could send it to PUSH and they could work their magic.

mtbr member
    Read through this thread: Full travel of a FLOAT
    My solution involves cutting the compression rod to enlarge the air chamber and create a more linear spring rate.