mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Schrader valve extender for rear fork

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I am fine tuning my Hollowpoint's shocks. I got the Front Fox R100 set to my liking and I thought the rear was fine based on the sag (Fox AVA 03 R). Anyway, I haven't checked the pressure so I decided to take the shock pump to it. But for some freakin reason part of the rear suspension link blocks the schrader valve. Talk about being frutstrated . Anyway, I emailed the guys at Hollowpoint (who were very prompt) and they suggested getting a valve extender or rotate the shock so I can I get to it. I would much rarther just get a valve extender. I checked Home Depot and 3 ACE stores and I couldn't find anything except for compressors. Does anyone know where I can get schrader valve extenders? Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I am fine tuning my Hollowpoint's shocks. I got the Front Fox R100 set to my liking and I thought the rear was fine based on the sag (Fox AVA 03 R). Anyway, I haven't checked the pressure so I decided to take the shock pump to it. But for some freakin reason part of the rear suspension link blocks the schrader valve. Talk about being frutstrated . Anyway, I emailed the guys at Hollowpoint (who were very prompt) and they suggested getting a valve extender or rotate the shock so I can I get to it. I would much rarther just get a valve extender. I checked Home Depot and 3 ACE stores and I couldn't find anything except for compressors. Does anyone know where I can get schrader valve extenders? Thanks in advance
    One gentlemen on ridemonkey tried an elbow adapter. (Ridemonkey Post and Pic) It cost $14 overnight delivery. It's part # 22591 located here http://www.myerstiresupply.com/PDF/m...Accesories.PDF
    Last edited by slomoking; 03-09-2004 at 09:57 PM.

TNC
    noMAD man

Or how 'bout this?

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    The last "straight" schrader valve extenders I bought were from Pep Boys. However, most shocks can also accept an o-ring equipped 90 degree fitting which you can rotate to just about any needed position. I've used these for years, and they are totally reliable. I think I got my last one from Cane Creek or Stratos, but probably just about any shock maker has them.
    Attached Images Attached Images