Religion = Non-thinking

RST Deuce 1.5 Fork, how is this thing on the F4/F5?

The Cannondale F4/F5 bikes for 2010 come with the R.S.T Deuce 1.5 fork. I am wondering how this fork stacks up to something common like the Dart 3 found on the $1000 Rockhoppers.
    I can't even find RST's home website. What about warranty service on the fork?

Is the RST Deuce 1.5 better than the Rockshox Recon SL?

and by the way, what does this knob do? http://www.greatlakescycling.com/200...5/10f5lockout/
    RH SL Pro

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    http://www.rst.com.tw/

http://www.greatlakescycling.com/200...cannondale-f5/

Apparently your google-fu is lacking.

The knob in the picture is the compression to lockout adjuster, can't you read ?!?
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight

The knob in the picture is the compression to lockout adjuster, can't you read ?!?
    i can read, but i asked what it does...

is it the same as "motion control" on rockShox forks; where if i hit a bump while locked out, it will release the lockout and the fork will compress?

also, i'm having trouble finding the "RST Deuce 1.5" on their webpage u have linked there...
    RH SL Pro

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    It's been a few months since this thread was first posted, so does anyone have any trail experience with one of these RST Deuce forks? I'm not even sure which model it is in the RST catalog. One of the Gilas maybe?

Religion = Non-thinking
    i dont know, i took the f4 and f5 for a test ride and the fork didn't feel near as good as my Recon with Turnkey Lockout. It is also about 5lbs heavy. At the time of this thread i was into the F4, but my final decision was the Spec RH SL in my sig.

RST forks aren't categorized well at all in their website.
    RH SL Pro

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    The Recon and the Deuce are different categories of fork though, no? As are the F4 and the Rockhopper SL Pro on the bike level - the F4 is the same price as the regular RH SL with the RS Dart 3 at my LBS. I think the Pro is around the F2 level (F3 maybe?).

Religion = Non-thinking
    yea but hear me out, my lbs was willing to sell the f4 for $1000. or the RH SL Pro for $1300.

the specs, weight, and fork on the RH Pro were a step above in almost every category.

The fork alone is probably worth $200 more. The Pro weighs 25.4 lbs, the F4 weighs 28 lbs. I lifted both and you'd go much faster on the RH.

the brakes on the RH are also a step (or two) above Tektro brakes are pure crap compared to elixirs.

drivetrain-wise, the RH has the much better XT shadow in the rear, and thats the most impt part of the drivetrain.

overall, i think these upgrades were worth my $300, so i went for it.
    RH SL Pro