mtbr member

RP23 on an 06 Kona Coiler..or Push the Vanilla R?

(I posted this on the Kona forum as well, but thought I'd get some feedback here)

I have the chance to pick up a used RP23 shock that a friend is swapping out, and I'm wondering if anyone has/is using one on a Coiler? I have an 06 Coiler with the stock Vanilla R that I use for more All Mountain use than the intended Freeride stuff it's intended for...I had a Dawg Primo before the Coiler, and liked the RP3 that it had.

The other option is sending the Vanilla R to Push to have it tuned as a more "pedal-friendly" shock.

Any opinions on either option?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny LaRoux
    (I posted this on the Kona forum as well, but thought I'd get some feedback here)

I have the chance to pick up a used RP23 shock that a friend is swapping out, and I'm wondering if anyone has/is using one on a Coiler? I have an 06 Coiler with the stock Vanilla R that I use for more All Mountain use than the intended Freeride stuff it's intended for...I had a Dawg Primo before the Coiler, and liked the RP3 that it had.

The other option is sending the Vanilla R to Push to have it tuned as a more "pedal-friendly" shock.

Any opinions on either option?
    Is the Vanilla-R the new style with a remote reservoir? If so, I would push that. If it is not, the RP23 (when pushed) would be better. I had an old Vanilla R that I had pushed and while nice, the pushed RP23 is even better.

mtbr member

No, it's the old style...

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Is the Vanilla-R the new style with a remote reservoir? If so, I would push that. If it is not, the RP23 (when pushed) would be better. I had an old Vanilla R that I had pushed and while nice, the pushed RP23 is even better.
    The RP23 I would probably just ride as is for now...maybe Push it later.

mtbr member
    I would go with the P23 and push it latter.