Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New question here. Rockshox xc32tk??? Stock spring??

does anybody know what stock spring comes with the rockshox xc32tk,
    i can't find the info on sram.com , i really wish rockshox would list this type of information!!

'im guessing medium, i just got my extra soft spring today for the fork, im hoping it's not an extra soft in there

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Not sure that shows what stock is, but maybe this gives some info you can use?

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/w-...4149_rev_c.pdf

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The stock spring should be Medium, or 140-160lb.

mtbr member
    Please let me know how you like this fork. I'm interested in purchasing the same one, but am having trouble finding reviews. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I don't personally ride this fork, but I work at a shop where we sell quite a few of them. They are OEM on several new Treks, Specializeds, and Felts. I am a huge fan of these forks. They are really smooth and reliable, esp. considering the modest price. The stock spring proves to be too soft for some, too firm for others, but the preload adjustment works pretty well, and a replacement spring is inexpensive and super easy to swap.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickisrula View Post
    I don't personally ride this fork, but I work at a shop where we sell quite a few of them. They are OEM on several new Treks, Specializeds, and Felts. I am a huge fan of these forks. They are really smooth and reliable, esp. considering the modest price. The stock spring proves to be too soft for some, too firm for others, but the preload adjustment works pretty well, and a replacement spring is inexpensive and super easy to swap.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

Huckin' trails
    Those RS XC28 and XC32 forks are simply the new line-up of the Dart fork series. They are inexpensive like the Suntour, but they are way more reliable and even better, they can be serviced.

I also really like them for the money. They won't fail under XC or light trail use, but they lack serious adjustments compared to other forks. I'd consider buying one only if you want a nice commuter fork or for a cheap build/loaner bike. If you plan on buying those for trail riding, you might want to save a bit more money and get a better, lighter and more adjustable fork.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kickisrula View Post

Hope this helps.
    I weigh 195lbs and ride a little agessively. Should the stock medium shock be stiff enough? The problem with too soft springs is bottoming out? Right? Thanks Bill

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I am following this thread, I just ordered the XC32 TK for my K2 Attack 2.0. I plan on taking it on trails, and hope to improve my skill and move on to more difficult trails as well.
    Billinsd- can you give us an update? Please?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto77 View Post
    I am following this thread, I just ordered the XC32 TK for my K2 Attack 2.0. I plan on taking it on trails, and hope to improve my skill and move on to more difficult trails as well.
    Billinsd- can you give us an update? Please?
    I decided not to buy a bike with a XC32 TKs. I bought an Anthem 29 X1 with Fox Shocks. FYI
    Bill

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Billinsd View Post
    I decided not to buy a bike with a XC32 TKs. I bought an Anthem 29 X1 with Fox Shocks. FYI
    Bill
    Thanks for the reply.

What was the deciding factor?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto77 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

What was the deciding factor?
    Fox forks are far way superiors to any entry-level fork on the market. Simply because Fox does not have an entry-level line of forks

And of course the price is way higher (like $500 instead of $200).
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Huckin' trails
    And as a general matter, I would not personally consider anything like the Dart or XC forks when looking into "real" mtb suspension fork. Those are heavy, basic and won't give you the performance and feel your bike has to offer.

But, I find using those forks on commuter and urban bikes pretty nice. They might be heavy, but a lot more reliable than the crappy SR Suntour and RST out there, offer better damping/action and can actually be serviced and kept in good shape for years easily. We all know commuting in some city is almost like riding on a mountain, so having some bump sucking at the front helps a lot for comfort and efficiency. Unless you're a full rigid addict, a Dart fork is quite a nice addition to any commuter/urban bike. Heck, I've been using mine for now the third summer in a row, all year long and 2 winters of snow commuting and fun. Fork still performs nicely and no problem so far. Stanchions are scratched a bit everywhere, but just surface wear. No rust, oil leak, sloppy bushings, sticky damping or noise. It does the job and for $100 I don't think I would complain.

Since I removed the stickers the first day I got it, I could easily buy a set of Fox Van stickers and stick them on. Would you notice it's a entry-level fork then ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Those RS XC28 and XC32 forks are simply the new line-up of the Dart fork series. They are inexpensive like the Suntour, but they are way more reliable and even better, they can be serviced.

I also really like them for the money. They won't fail under XC or light trail use, but they lack serious adjustments compared to other forks. I'd consider buying one only if you want a nice commuter fork or for a cheap build/loaner bike. If you plan on buying those for trail riding, you might want to save a bit more money and get a better, lighter and more adjustable fork.
    While the XC 28 and XC 30 are the new Dart forks, the XC32 is actually the new Tora fork, putting it above the those others. Still only entry level though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm also interested in buying this fork as an upgrade to a cheap suntour that came on my gt aggressor. Are there any better forks in the $200 or less price range? I ride with a friend who has RS dart 2 on his bike and they've held up very well, so if the XC32 is equivalent to the dart 2 I think I will be happy

Huckin' trails
    XC32 is better than the Dart 2. But for $200 you might be lucky at your local classified. I'm not into a big MTB second hand parts market town, but I often see nice used forks for that price range, often in very good condition or late take-off. Just make sure it's what you need and that you don't have to put too much work on it.

Again, depends on your bike and budget

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmorgan91 View Post
    I'm also interested in buying this fork as an upgrade to a cheap suntour that came on my gt aggressor. Are there any better forks in the $200 or less price range? I ride with a friend who has RS dart 2 on his bike and they've held up very well, so if the XC32 is equivalent to the dart 2 I think I will be happy
    Further to what I mentioned above:

Dart 2 = XC28
    Dart 3 = XC 30
    Tora = XC 32

So if you were impressed by the Dart 2 you will be very happy! Good luck with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the advice. I will probably be going with the RS XC32 because it's in my price range. I had considered buying used but I haven't seen many local listings, and I would want to inspect the fork before buying

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmorgan91 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will probably be going with the RS XC32 because it's in my price range. I had considered buying used but I haven't seen many local listings, and I would want to inspect the fork before buying
    Good call. If I were you, I'd wait till the July 4th sales and see what comes up. You might end up with even a better fork than planned

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Good call. If I were you, I'd wait till the July 4th sales and see what comes up. You might end up with even a better fork than planned
    Had not even crossed my mind ^

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Where can you order a firm spring for this fork? Will it differ for a 29'er fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Where can you order a firm spring for this fork? Will it differ for a 29'er fork?
    Not positive but call your local rockshox dealer. That might be easier for them to find than looking online. And yes I would have to believe a 26 and 29 fork coil would differ.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    what is the stock fork tube length, i need something 11 1/18' does rock shock make one?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    to the OP.I was wondering where did you purchase your soft spring at? Somewhere online or from your local bike shop? Did you order a Tora spring or it was specifically for the XC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdatsit View Post
    to the OP.I was wondering where did you purchase your soft spring at? Somewhere online or from your local bike shop? Did you order a Tora spring or it was specifically for the XC?
    I would like to know this as well as I am looking for a stiffer spring and cant find one anywhere except overseas at a pretty penny to ship. I know that the newer Tora TK are the same spring but those can't be found either. Any help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast