mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Rockshox Revelation RL 140mm to 150mm?

First off, I've searched but can't find a definitive answer. If there is a thread that covers this topic please direct me there. Are all recent (2010 and newer w/ power bulge) Revelation forks capable of 150mm? I know the 150mm forks can be set to 140mm or 130mm with spacers. If the fork came as OE as 140mm is it possible that that is the max travel length? Fork in question is on a KHS XCT 556. From a manufacturing standpoint it would make sense that they are all produced the same but then spaced down at the request of the bike manufacturer. Any insiders know for sure? Has anyone successfully changed the travel of an OE Revelation RL from 130mm or 140mm to 150mm? I tried to contact Rockshox tech support but they are closed for inventory until Monday. Thanks for your time!

mtbr member
    i have a revelation xx and stock came a 150mm, i put one specer to make it 140mm, and the fork have another specer that can make it 130mm,i think all revelation forks can do this, exept the older ones that the max travel was 140mm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for the reply! What I am trying to find out is if the opposite is true. If the OE fork came as 130mm or 140mm is it possible to make it 150mm by removing spacers? Is it possible that the OE fork was a custom production and has a max travel of 130mm or 140mm? That is what I am trying to confirm. With many bikes speced with 140 or 130 travel Revelations RL I figured that someone has tried to increase the travel length. If you have and can shed some light on this please chime in. The LBS has been unable to reach Sram's tech support even though they were supposed to be back open on Monday.

mtbr member
    They don't need to contact SRAM tech support to find that out. The "All Travel Spacer" is visible in the air spring side when you take it apart.

Here's a guide to changing it, which is a lot more simple that it may look, as long as you have the right tools. Any somewhat experienced mechanic could do it in under and hour.

Workshop: How To Adjust Travel On A RockShox Trail Fork - BikeRadar

This is the spacer:
    "Got everything you need?"

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Does anyone know if it's possible to install the RCT3 unit in a Revelation RL? I have the Revelation RL 29 140mm. Love the fork but would like to have the added "trail tuning" capability that the RCT3 offers.
    Can you hear me now?