mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Rockshox Revelation and monarch 2.1?

Hey, I am looking at geting a new bike. I am pretty much settled on the norco fluid lt 6.3 (2010 model). It comes with the rockshox revelation ( not too sure on which one) and the Monarch 2.1. Is anyone riding either of em and if so then would you suggest them. I mostly do all mountain type riding, i do a very rare bit of small freeride but thats about it. Any word on them would be great.

What?
    I am currently running a monarch 2.1. Its a basic shock with rebound adjustment only. I was on a tight budget when my old shock took its last breathe, So I needed a cheap replacement. I have been pretty happy with the performance though. Its plenty plush for my liking, It has dual flow rebound which is great, and it lets the rear wheel track the ground better then a few of the other shocks I have used. My only complaint would be that I would like to have a compression adjustment.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks alot man. The bike I'm looking into comes with this shock so I am glad to know someone likes it. I haven't tried rockshox before so I think I'll give em a go