Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,537

    RockShox Revelation Dual Air XX - Negative Air Leaking?

    I just purchased an used Dual Air on FeeBay. I took it out for a ride today and need to readjust the settings, but when I checked the negative air chamber, it dropped 60psi. Positive air chamber holds air.

    So, what do I need to do to have it hold? This is why I hate buying used.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I just purchased an used Dual Air on FeeBay. I took it out for a ride today and need to readjust the settings, but when I checked the negative air chamber, it dropped 60psi. Positive air chamber holds air.

    So, what do I need to do to have it hold? This is why I hate buying used.
    Used : I'd replace the air spring / piston o-rings and change the damper oil. Semi-bath will be done when removing the air spring.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,537
    Can anybody recommend a kit? I have the mechanical ability to service a fork, but the kits out there come in a variety, ranging in complexity. I don't think I need a big re-build kit.

    Thanks for your help!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Can anybody recommend a kit? I have the mechanical ability to service a fork, but the kits out there come in a variety, ranging in complexity. I don't think I need a big re-build kit.

    Thanks for your help!
    Here is an mtbr post : O-Ring Sizes for RS Revelation, Reba, Pike Inside

    A member here use to sell small o-ring kits. I have also seen kits on ebay.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,537
    Thanks, Keen. I think I'll just look for a complete kit - I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks and save myself the stress. Would you recommend this kit?

    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Fork Basic Service Kits

    Or this kit? Sold out at Universal, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere else.

    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Fork Rebuild Service Kits

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Thanks, Keen. I think I'll just look for a complete kit - I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks and save myself the stress. Would you recommend this kit?

    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Fork Basic Service Kits

    Or this kit? Sold out at Universal, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere else.

    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Fork Rebuild Service Kits
    Since the fork is used might as well get the kit w/ wiper seals. UC is pretty good online retailer especially when you can use their 2.99 flex shipping.

  7. #7
    LDH
    LDH is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    762
    the negative spring air volume is very small and will show a lower (a lot) pressure after reattaching pump. Are you sure its leaking?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,537
    Quote Originally Posted by LDH View Post
    the negative spring air volume is very small and will show a lower (a lot) pressure after reattaching pump. Are you sure its leaking?
    Well, ...

    My buddy and I were talking and he told me the exact same thing. He told me to attach the pump, air it up, remove the pump, and then reattach it and check the air. Yes... It dropped like 10psi just by doing that. So I am sure in my OCD checking and rechecking it appeared to be "leaking". I'll check it this morning and if it drops significantly, I'll be worried. If not, I'll just ride it .

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,537
    Well...

    Rode the fork yesterday and it performed great. However, when I checked the air today, NO AIR. Gone. Nothing.

    Ideas?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7
    I have same problem in my 2009 Revelation U-turn. Sometimes pressure drops from 120 PSI to 60 PSI and sometimes it holds air better.

    Now I have new air piston unit, but problem still exists. Maybe worn bushings cause play and that's why air is leaking.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,777
    with a used fork, you never know what the previous owner might have done to it. I just discovered that the used Reba I bought has a big scratch in the air spring tube. i think the previous owner tried to clean it out with a screwdriver or something. if anything similar happened to your fork, a full rebuild is in order. the only way to find out is to rebuild it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •