mtbr member
    Mar 2006

RockShox PIKE 454 Uturn leaking oil

I have a 2008 RockShox PIKE 454 Uturn (110mm - 140mm adjustable).

Recently it has been leaking oil. There is oil on the left stanchion after every ride. I have been throwing it my hatchback to get to and from the trails Ė so the fork is sideways during transit. Iíve noticed oil dripping out of the fork.

What do you guys think the issue is? Seals need replacement? Or is it more involved? I would like to service it before this weekendís ride.

Can someone please post the link to the service manual?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    any ideas guys? thanks

mtbr member
    If its coming out of the top, you just need new stanchion seals. They're about 15 bucks, lbs should be able to get them (or stock them). Very easy fix, remove the lowers, pop off old seals, pop on new seals and reassemble (add oil to the lowers before you bolt them up). RS has very good service guides on their site.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Coil or air? Is the oil dirty or clean?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrocks View Post
    Coil or air? Is the oil dirty or clean?
    its the air uturn...

The leaking occurs mostly when i am transporting the bike in my hatchback.... so the fork is sideways / upside down (at an angle). the drip onto the cardboard looks clean.

when i'm riding - there is a dirty buildup on the stanchions. obviously the leaking oil is picking up dirt.

i bought some seals and 5 wt / 15 wt rock shox oil last night - should be here next week,

is it safe to ride it again while its leaking? gotta get my fix in this weekend.