Natty Dread

Rockshox Maxle Lite 15mm thru forks and Hope Pro 2 Evo a play free fit?

Looking at doing a custom wheelset for a Santa Cruz Superlight 29er. Want to go with the Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs for front and rear. HOWEVER, having owned WTB superduty running on the maxles on my Nomad I remember that not all hubs work well with the RS front maxle. Also experienced the same play issue on a Tallboy with a Reba and that same WTB hub. Remember when I built up custom wheels for my Nomad back in 2010 I did not go with the Hope Pro 2 (non evo) because there were issues with folks getting a tight fit between the RS Maxle set ups and the hope front hubs. I do know that the Santa Cruz Superlight 29er I saw at my LBS is using a spacer on the outside of the hub which I think is to keep everything on the 15mm thru Shimano XT hub flush and tight with the maxle. Any feedback would be awesome.

namagomi
    I don't know if hope fixed it... it was the same with the 20mm adapter which makes me think their(hopes) spec was off.

Hope rear hubs also had problems with maxle as the shoulder of the maxle didn't align properly with the bearings and bad things happened.

Anyways... i bet the 2012 hubs will work ok.