Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RockShox Dart 3 SL has no more rebound

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  eddieruko 
#1 ·
I have a Rockhopper Comp and has a RockShox Dart 3 SL front shock. It seems to be in lock out and has lost all rebound and is really stiff. I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

#3 ·
My son has the same setup. Last winter he had the same problem you are experiencing. I took the fork apart and cleaned it and changed the oil. It works better than it did new. Also the fork came with the stiff spring. We replaced it with one sized for him and that improved the performance quite a bit.

#4 ·
haven't been impressed with em but

Just had the same thing happen to me this weekend, oddly enough. Actually it's been slowly leaking oil and collecting dust for a while, but this wknd was the worst I saw it. (It's still a wonder how I never noticed).

After seeing some reviews we're not alone. I haven't diagnosed the problem, but as aggressive and frequent as I ride (~150lbs) I'm not spending $75 to have my LBS rebuild/repair it, assuming there's no irreparable damage, when I can get a much better fork (looking at Marzocchi 44 for ~$200).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.