mtbr member

RockShox Bar 2.1, what are for real the eyelet and bushing sizes?

By now, after googling and searching through some old threads I guess I've made a mistake.

I've got an Anthem X, currently with a Float shock. For the ones who don't know, this suspension design doesn't use a lower DU bushing on the shock eyelet. The pivot/bolt goes right through the shock eyelet securing things.

In the meanwhile I acquired a used RockShox Bar 2.1 from a friend. It was dirt cheap and it would be useful to assemble and keep the bike rideable when the Fox shock had to go in to service the internals. Unfortunately at the time I did not know that eyelet sizes varied or I may have read somewhere that Rock Shox used also the 1/2'' standart (12.7mm), which is true for newer models it seems.

So after reading a bit more and getting to know some more details about RockShox I got to know that they have used different measures along the years. About this, concerning the Bar shock, I really don't know what to believe.

From several sources I get the info that bushing sizes varies just with the year and it is not related with models. RockShox on the other hand on their spare parts catalog states that the Bar shocks from 05' to the present use the 12mm. Should I believe RS? Can anyone confirm me this? At the moment I don't have the shock, so I can't take measurements.

To assemble the shock on the Anthem I would need to remove the lower DU bushing. Disregarding if it is 12.7mm or 12mm ID, that would leave the eyelet "naked". If the information I have gathered is correct, Fox eyelets measure 15mm. Are RockShox eyelets the same size, even for the shocks who use a smaller ID bushing size? Or that means that the eyelet is also smaller when compared to Fox standart size?

I would hate to keep the shock several months on the shelf only to find one day that it doesn't fit, rendering the bike unusable. Now that I have time, it would be perfect to correct the situation. If needed resell this one and get a compatible cheap model.

mtbr member
    Doesn't anyone have a Bar shock at hand who could take a look, or happens to know, the measures?

I'm pretty sure by now the bushing is of the 12mm variant. But I still haven't, it seems impossible, found what the eyelet (without bushing assembled) diameter is. Are all shocks eyelets 15mm or are there different measures also?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I don't know if you had ever gotten a reply, but I have a Bar 2.1 That I am replacing. The eyelets are not the industry standard 12.7mm, but rather 12.0mm. I am having a difficult time getting new hardware for the Monarch RT3 I am replacing it with, since the mounts on my Jamis frame are 10mm.

mtbr member
    You're the first reply excluding mine. I know a shop, in Germany who sells (if not all a great part) hardware for RockShox shocks. But i guess you're in the U.S....

Thanks for confirming the bushing size. Do you happen to know what is the eyelet diameter without the bushing?