mtbr member

Rockshox 2015 Suspension Strategy: Predictions?

Interesting developments/announcements at Rockshox…Boxxer gets Charger damper upgrade, Pike DJ introduced with Charger Damper, RS-1 with new Accelerator damper…have me wondering: Will they expand the Charger damper to the Revelation and possibly others? With all the user hacks and mods to Pike, will they universally offer native lower travel versions (you can now order a 130mm Pike through your LBS)? Then there's the new Debonair treatments to Monarchs…so:

Could be fun to wish and speculate on the Rockshox 2015 product strategy…what's your best guess?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Totem chassis/damper upgrade?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    Will they expand the Charger damper to the Revelation and possibly others?
    My best guess is:

Charger equipped Lyrik 170mm in solo air and coil.

No new Totems since the Lyrik is that fork now. Little change on the Revelation, they didn't make much noise about it but a lot of stuff from the Pike is already in the RCT3 damper in the 2014 Revs, so nothing massive in 2015.

Not a lot else, since the Charger Boxxer is already official and so is the new Monarch Air, RS1 and Fatbike fork, they've been busy this year.

mtbr member
    hopefully ditch 15mm and go to 20 on the pike. lolz

mtbr member
    Totem stopped production last August. I cried a little.

More charger dampers in stuff. Reba replacement? That fork is 9 years old now. Sure there have been a few design changes but everything SRAM built with RockShox started with Reba. That would be a significant signal, methinks.

I have confirmation of a 180mm BoXXer with Charger coming out on a big-name company bike, so there's that at least.

Rev Charger kits would be sweet. Maybe more xc-oriented Charger-style damper that focuses on light weight and some basic tuning?

On another note, the new MRP Stage looks purty sweet...

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

kabouterclan member
    Jun 2006
    upside down pike? Probably not before '16
    Sent from my HAL 9000

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I love my Coil 160 Lyrik RC2L, but would definitely love to trade-up for something lighter, so question for anyone who might know - is it possible to have a High Speed Compression knob with the Charger damper. I think it's adjustable with tokens?? in the current Pike and Boxxer offerings, but is there a future where I can adjust this with a knob on top of the fork like I can with my trusty ol' Lyrik?

Sincerely,

Waiting for the next big thing (Lyrik that would compete with the new 36 in terms of weight)
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just before I bought my Lyrik RC2DH a couple of months ago I repeatedly asked Rockshox via their Facebook page if they plan a Charger damped Lyrik for 2015 and they replied that they don't have any such plans.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm certainly hoping that they bring out a Charger equipped Revelation WC.

I love my 2012 WC RCT3 and after riding a Pike I love the Charger feel. BUT, being a bit weight conscious the extra 350 - 400g is a bit much for me So having a either a Charger Damper that I can swap in (preferred, as I actually like my Dual Air tuning) or a new Rev WC Charger would be great.

And given that I've already got the Charger kit on order for my 2013 Boxxer WCs, Rockshox would certainly take my money again if either of the above options was available

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    ...I've already got the Charger kit on order for my 2013 Boxxer WCs, Rockshox would certainly take my money again if either of the above options was available
    let us know if the upgrade made a big difference (I presume you keep the air spring the same, and the seals - I heard you get use the Pike seals which have less friction (single ring)) as I've gotten a pike on my trail bike which I absolutely love the plushness vs Fox 36 it replaces, and thinking of getting the Charger upgrade on my 2012 Boxxer WC Keronite.

Also where is a god place to get it ? it's hard to find - only Universal Cycle list it but out of stock - with less than retail price. thanks.