mtbr member
    Nov 2010

rock shox SID team QR 100mm

Hi all. I have some (used) Rock Shox SID Team 100m 9mmQR Blackbox motion control/poplock forks that I am running on my hardtail. So far so good!
    Thing is, they have no manual, and I am new to finer points of tuning and maintenance of forks.
    I have looked at the sticky and found the odd manual, but RockShox manuals are a bit average (as discussed here!). I don't own a shock pump, and thus far have just used my floorpump, as the fork +ive and -ive takes standard car valve fitting. Should I buy a forkpump, and if so, recommendations?
    If someone here could be bothered, I'd love to be taken through from the top:

- Setting sag, +ive and -ive pressures

- setting poplock (I have done this by aiming to prevent bobbing when climbing out of the saddle, using the compression gate knob). This setup is important, as the bike's a single speed and I will use this function alot.

- regular maintenance/attention. This is the bit I know least about. I will be likely to get a shop to do "rebuilds", but I do build and maintain all my own bikes, so happy to tackle many jobs. What should I be doing regularly other than cleaning?

- If there are videos/manulas, please point me in their direction! Haven't had much luck...

Thanks in advance!
    Mat

PS. I've also noticed some nice sales at the moment, so it may be time to upgrade the Suntour XCR fors on my BMC geared bike. Anyone got much to say about the rock shox reba rl vs sid rlt? Currently can score shipped for $297.50 vs $450. The reba look like really nice value for the money! Ideas?
    Last edited by mat-with-one-t; 12-21-2011 at 05:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    just found this: Help dialing Reba
    Good start!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, it's worth getting a shock pump, especially since you can find them as low as $10.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc View Post
    Yes, it's worth getting a shock pump, especially since you can find them as low as $10.
    Anyone got a good recommendation?

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by mat-with-one-t View Post
    Anyone got a good recommendation?
    Yes. This one. You will NOT find a better one then this, especially for this price! I own one myself.

Sette Air 2 ST-35 Universal Shock Pump at Price Point
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks mountain man dan! I had a go at buying it, and the shipping to Australia was suggesting $57!! WHAT IS WITH THE USA AND SHIPPING FFS!!!!!!! No wonder I get everything from Wiggle and Chainreaction in the USA now - FREE SHIPPING ACROSS THE GODDAM WORLD. Man it's bloody annoying!!
    Now that I've had a rant, does anyone else supply this pump, or is it produced under another name/badge?
    Mat
    Last edited by mat-with-one-t; 12-22-2011 at 04:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010