mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Rock Shox SID 29 RL3 Air DNA3 Not Locking Out

Does the fork totally lock out. Cant seem to get mine to lock out. In the full open position the dial on the fork wont turn anymore and it still doesn't lock out. Any info would be great.

mtbr member
    Which dial won't move? The main blue lever or the 4 pointed silver dial on top?
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    it moves and is hooked up to a remote with 3 positions but it wont lock out and kinda feels the same in all the positions.

mtbr member
    Have you checked the oil levels? If they are below the level required it can stop the fork from locking out. Check the attached table for oil levels for your fork.

Edit: try the link instead, not the attached image, I hit the wrong icon
    - http://www.sram.com/sites/default/fi...art_2012_0.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Yea, what kiwi said or the cable on the remote is'nt adjusted properly. You can put the pop-loc all
    the way on then loosen the cable lock screw on the fork and see if it turns any more. If it does then
    turn it all the way clock-wise and lock the cable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Checked the oil level good as the rock shox chart. I put remote in lock out position and turned the knob all the way on the fork until in wont turn anymore then locked down the cable and still doesn't lock the fork.

mtbr member
    If the upper oil level is right and the cable too, then you probably need a new damper.
    Is it under warranty?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Its a brand new fork that came on a scott bike

mtbr member
    I can't see what else it can be other than a defective damper. I would take it in to get fixed if you got it at a lbs. OH...thats an awesome bike btw!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I just picked up a 930. Different fork, but same thing here. I told my lbs today it felt the same no matter what. Mines a fox float. I came from a flash carbon 29er with a lefty, liking the bike so far except wondering why the fork doesn't lock out. Their whole sales pitch is the three way remote from full open to full lock out. Im calling fox and Scott tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    From what ive gathered about the rl3, it does not fully lockout. It's basically a sid rl with 3 position damping adjustment. Kind of like fox CTD.